Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS collar tab...

Hello,

First, I'll have to say I hate making threads where I have just bought something and want to know if it's original or not and how much it is worth etc. But I simply don't know what else to do...I suppose I could take it to a show and be told it is a fake and have the dealer buy it off me for less than I paid...but I prefer to get an honest opinion from some of you guys here

Anyway, here it goes...I got this one in recently. It is not really my area but I thought it looked really nice and assumed that it was original, using my own judgement and knowledge. I know I can be wrong often, but what do you think? Also, what would one like this normally go for?

Thanks in advance, from Jack

Reverse - paper tag etc.

Comment

SS Runic

Jack,
      I Sent you a PM and a Email.
      Regards
      John

Comment

Jack,

That is a very nice used original runic, by now no doubt you will have had dozens of PM's asking is it for sale ect ect even though they have not responded here

cheers,

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood
          Jack,

That is a very nice used original runic, by now no doubt you will have had dozens of PM's asking is it for sale ect ect even though they have not responded here

cheers,

Gary
          I agree with Gary..there are a lot of "lurkers" out there...that collar tab is a really great looking worn example that just talks to you. John

Comment

Hi Jack

A nice original patch this is(was?) on your ebay listing, I hope it remains a fair auction unless ebay pull it, In which case I hope you throw it on the estand for a first come first served basis.

cheers
            Mark

Originally posted by militarybuyer
            I agree with Gary..there are a lot of "lurkers" out there...that collar tab is a really great looking worn example that just talks to you. John

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I agree with you Gary, there are a lot of "lurkers" about and I would prefer not to sell it to them. I was looking more at putting it on the estand, especially as ebay pulled it 3 times! Yes, Mark it was mine on ebay - I offered it up for opinions here because some people were telling me it was a fake through ebay and wanted to sell it to them privately

Cheers, from Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Dutton-Roberts
                Thanks for the replies everyone!

I agree with you Gary, there are a lot of "lurkers" about and I would prefer not to sell it to them. I was looking more at putting it on the estand, especially as ebay pulled it 3 times! Yes, Mark it was mine on ebay - I offered it up for opinions here because some people were telling me it was a fake through ebay and wanted to sell it to them privately

Cheers, from Jack.
                Great looking tab...congratulations to whoever buys it. Jack, you have to be careful with ebay as if they pull an item enough times they will suspend you..I know this firsthand as it has happened to me--got suspended for 30 days...also know of a fellow that was permanently banned.

John

Comment

Jack,
                  That is indeed a nice example of an Embroidered tab that was once hand-sewn to the collar. Congrats! John

P.S. How were the people that were telling you it was fake?

Comment

Here are a few more examples for your reference - John
                    Last edited by InfanterieSammler; 12-17-2006, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Very nice my friend

All barn finds??

I love the machine sticthed ones...they're beauties!
                      Last edited by Jack Dutton-Roberts; 10-11-2004, 04:19 PM. Reason: Spelling... I never could spell!

Comment

Nice find my friend, very nice. All you need now is a tunic to put it on

Comment

Great tabs John...those worn pieces have always been my favorites and just have a great look!

Comment

I just got back from a holiday, and I must say this is a pleasant thing to see after a week of no militaria! Great collar tab Jack!!! I just love it

cheers
                            Bart

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X