Don't buy these SS M43's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't buy these SS M43's

...unless you want to get ripped off. The first one a colleague helped me find for sale on Peter V L's site: he actually owns it and has it for sale here http://www.military-antiques-stockholm.com/.

The Romanian - Greek seller is offering it here on Ioffer at a discounted price http://www.ioffer.com/i/547647050 . I contacted Ioffer with the information, and they will help to pull his ad.

The second one on Ioffer is being sold here, also at a great price http://www.ioffer.com/i/wss-m43-officer-cap-547848576 . I'm not sure if it's the same thief (I think it is).

I could use some help with finding the real owner of this second cap. Ioffer will end the auction, but I can't remember where I saw this second cap for sale. Any help in locating it will assist me in getting the ad booted before someone gets ripped off.

Thanks for the help - Robert

Hello Robert.

Are you saying they are fake caps, not genuine sales or have been stolen?

Regards,
    Chris.

Comment

Caps are original, pictures have been stolen from dealers site and probably a forum , then the pictures have been used to set up a scam.

Comment

Yes, real caps posted by people who do not own them as a scam. I'm trying to find the owner or dealer of the second, single button cap so U can provide the information to Ioffer and get the ad pulled.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
          Yes, real caps posted by people who do not own them as a scam. I'm trying to find the owner or dealer of the second, single button cap so U can provide the information to Ioffer and get the ad pulled.
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=682826
          Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
          teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Maybe it really is time for us all who are posting great stuff to put a transparent email adress of the current owner on all the pics here....

Lenny.

I noticed that you did not like the second cap, besides the stamp i think, may i ask why? You may pm me if you wish.

Thank you.

Daniel

Comment

What about the "hj" style ss m43 pvl has? Relics of the Reich had a nice ss m43 with a buckle awhile back, but I have never seen a ss m43 with buckle AND exposed cardboard underside? Has anyone else?

Comment

It is bad enough when someone sells a phony hat. It is equally bad when someone takes an image of a real cap that they do not own and tries to sell it. But when someone takes an image of a fake cap that they do not own and tries to sell it as real...,well that is going too far.

Comment

Thanks Lenny, I appreciate the link. That single button looks like a beauty to me, but even if it is a replica, selling something you don't own for 750 USD is still not right.

Someone is getting ready to be fleeced, but the link will help shut down this auction.

s/f Robert

Comment

I just bought my own cap from the guy

Here are all info about him so you can stay away from anything coming from this guy!

Petrescu Marius
                    Aviatiilor nr 30 street ap6 cod 23535
                    Arad city
                    Banks details
                    BCR bank Romania
                    Iban RO49RNCB0080005630329901
                    Swift RNCBROBU
                    Bank adress
                    Bucur Obor 122
                    Arad city
                    Romania

Cheers

Peter
                    www.military-antiques-stockholm.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                      It is bad enough when someone sells a phony hat. It is equally bad when someone takes an image of a real cap that they do not own and tries to sell it. But when someone takes an image of a fake cap that they do not own and tries to sell it as real...,well that is going too far.

Are you saying the Statni cap is not real?

Peter

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Peter; I'll forward that information as well. I saw his text messages had Greek headers, and found info on him in our community threads as well.

If the single button is a replica, I'd be very surprised. It has 0 red flags that I see, but there already is a discussion on it and we should probably switch to that thread if readers want to discuss it.

regards, Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
                          Thanks Peter; I'll forward that information as well. I saw his text messages had Greek headers, and found info on him in our community threads as well.

If the single button is a replica, I'd be very surprised. It has 0 red flags that I see, but there already is a discussion on it and we should probably switch to that thread if readers want to discuss it.

regards, Robert
                          OK, I thought it was the cap in this thread which was supposed to be a fake. It came via Beaver through Collectors Guild and is a ex Statni cap and is a typical CW manufactured cap which is 1000% original.

I will check the other thread

Cheers
                          Peter

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peter v L View Post
                            Are you saying the Statni cap is not real?

Peter
                            I was speaking in general but I suppose this "non-Statni" cap which was not universally embraced by the "cognoscenti" would suffice:
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by OSS; 08-06-2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                              I was speaking in general but I suppose this "non-Statni" cap which was not universally embraced by the "cognicenti" would suffice:

Ok, that I can not comment on as I never had it in hand.

Thanks

Peter

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X