CollectorToCollector

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fake SS-TOTENKOPF OFFICER'S tab on E-stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fake SS-TOTENKOPF OFFICER'S tab on E-stand?

Hi guys,

What is your opinions this totenkopf tab? I don't like this one for $ 2,250:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=683894

the other two items also doubt for me...

when all this is a beauty then I rather stay with the ugly

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
      when all this is a beauty then I rather stay with the ugly
      Nothing of interest on that advert in my opinion

Ian

Comment

Insignia

All reproductions.

Comment

I agree, nothing looks good in that sales thread,actually very obvious fakes,i feel bad for the owner,most likely he dont even know how to tell fakes from originals.

Comment

Is that sale some kind of joke? The seller should be notified to check before sale.

//F

Comment

Is that an off wool backing on the Totenkopf Tag? Not the exact quality i normally see. Doesn't look like Moleskin or Velvet.
              Last edited by octavian; 07-27-2013, 06:46 PM. Reason: wool description

Comment

Okay guys....

I've asked Glenn to cancel the entire offering of cloth insignia & will be posting the individual pieces in here for an "intelligent" opinion on why you believe the piece is not right.

Too many times the 'Xperts' on here jump on an item & don't even express an 'intelligent' view. All they want to do is waste time & space with their response of 'nope!', 'nah!', 'I don't like it!' & whatever!

"You" aren't the expert....Who cares if you 'don't like it'! The item is posted for an honest opinion of someone with some 'knowledge' regarding that item, not for you to slide onto the guy's posting & say "I don't like it!' If you haven't got an "informative" opinion of the item then just don't say anything! The same goes for you guys who have never seen an item like it. Just because YOU haven't seen it doesn't make it not exist....Or, do some of you really believe that YOU are the only one who knows & everyone around you should listen to you & 'believe' only what you have to say?

Well, lets see when the individual item is posted.

Ron.

Comment

Originally posted by RKC View Post
                  Okay guys....

I've asked Glenn to cancel the entire offering of cloth insignia & will be posting the individual pieces in here for an "intelligent" opinion on why you believe the piece is not right.

Too many times the 'Xperts' on here jump on an item & don't even express an 'intelligent' view. All they want to do is waste time & space with their response of 'nope!', 'nah!', 'I don't like it!' & whatever!

"You" aren't the expert....Who cares if you 'don't like it'! The item is posted for an honest opinion of someone with some 'knowledge' regarding that item, not for you to slide onto the guy's posting & say "I don't like it!' If you haven't got an "informative" opinion of the item then just don't say anything! The same goes for you guys who have never seen an item like it. Just because YOU haven't seen it doesn't make it not exist....Or, do some of you really believe that YOU are the only one who knows & everyone around you should listen to you & 'believe' only what you have to say?

Well, lets see when the individual item is posted.

Ron.
                  Several knowledgeable members have given their opinion and it is bad news for you. On the SS forum it is a brutal environment and items posted can be viewed as trash and even worse with following not so kind comments. Please do not attack that unless you have a solid case. Several members here have studied SS insignias for so many thousands of hours that you loose count. And they are willing to give you a feedback on what you post, positive or negative. This help is in most cases more value than any reference book you can buy.

Do you prefer an honest opinion on what you have posted or sweet lies?
                  Have you done any research before your sale?

SS is a minefield any only those with good knowledge will survive. Fakes are all over the place and we have seen so many fakes posted that some might be fed up. That is why the environment can be harsh, but in most cases true. Sad but true. Do your home work or listen to the members here with real knowledge.

Feel free to ask but please be humble. Or some senior members might just say to them selves; why bother with this ignorant person and he is not even polite or greatful.

Cheers
                  //Felix

Comment

A fellow member Mark Edward has an officer TK for sale. Mark's tab is without a doubt 100% original. All proper materials and stitching. I could go on with other references, but i feel it just may upset you. Sorry dude.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I will agree with you, to a certain extent. Sometimes the "experts" can over analyze an item or even misjudge it due to lack of information avaliable. However, this is a very, Very rare occurrence. As said above, these members have spent countless hours studying known material and respect needs to be shown. As for your items, although I feel horrible, it won't change anything; they are fake, and bad copies at that. The collar tab is of the wrong material, including the buckram which is quite noticeable. The construction and cuts are also incorrect. It's never a good feeling finding out a prized procession is fake, but you can't take it out on the members who are just trying to help you. Instead, take it out on whoever sold it to you and try in retrieve a refund.
                      Last edited by codytrcollector; 07-27-2013, 11:08 PM.

Comment

It's never pleasant to see a collector be taken in and it's natural to become defensive from negative comments. Most of us have been there.

After a while here you will gauge whose opinion is reliable and those you can reject.

I do my best try see things objectively rather than subjectively, i.e. would you buy these from another seller now knowing the consensus of opinions about these items? I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by robs View Post
                          It's never pleasant to see a collector be taken in and it's natural to become defensive from negative comments. Most of us have been there.

After a while here you will gauge whose opinion is reliable and those you can reject.

I do my best try see things objectively rather than subjectively, i.e. would you buy these from another seller now knowing the consensus of opinions about these items? I think not.

I agree with Rob ....
                          This is sound advise as far as I am concerned ...
                          Regards
                          David

Comment

As the sales thread will go here are the fake items in question
                            Attached Files

Comment

Fake tab front
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X