Waffen SS Police Tunic - A Beauty!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen SS Police Tunic - A Beauty!?

Any issues with this one? My concern was the inside lining, but if real, it's a really nice one, imo.
    Attached Files

Side

More
    Attached Files

Comment

front/collar
      Attached Files

Comment

Pocket/Board
        Attached Files

Comment

collar and lining
          Attached Files

Comment

More lining
            Attached Files

Comment

It is a M1936 tunic for a reserve captain of the civil Gendarmerie who was a full member of the SS. It is not an " Waffen SS police" nor a combat tunic. It is for a civil police officer of the "rural" police responsible for the enforcement of civil law in areas not under the jurisdiction of the Schutzpolizei (general protective police of the large cities) or SchuPo d. Gemeinden (small town municipal police).

All insignia and the tunic appear to be of period manufacture. The lining is typical of pre-war police tunics. It is a very nice looking uniform.

A Police Collector.

Comment

Originally posted by W.Unland View Post
                It is a M1936 tunic for a reserve captain of the civil Gendarmerie who was a full member of the SS. It is not an " Waffen SS police" nor a combat tunic. It is for a civil police officer of the "rural" police responsible for the enforcement of civil law in areas not under the jurisdiction of the Schutzpolizei (general protective police of the large cities) or SchuPo d. Gemeinden (small town municipal police).

All insignia and the tunic appear to be of period manufacture. The lining is typical of pre-war police tunics. It is a very nice looking uniform.

A Police Collector.
                Okay, thanks for the info.

Comment

Gendarm (gemeinde) rural (civilian) polizei indeed! Nothing to do with Waffen SS gendarmerie! The SS flashes (for SS membership) can easily have been added and are suspect...sit too low and crooked...not applied correctly in my view.
                  Should be just below the pleats or slightly to the left (see red).
                  Nice tunic and the flashes appear to me real too but have these been on it all along? Value = the parts!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NickG; 07-03-2013, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Comment

I'd be very happy to have that tunic in my modest collection.

Also, I found a couple of period photos of the SS runes being worn on the other side of the pocket to that nominated in red.

Mike

Comment

I owned this same tunic a few years ago... I bought it from Bill Shea .... I'm very happy to see it again.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                          Gendarm (gemeinde) rural (civilian) polizei indeed! Nothing to do with Waffen SS gendarmerie! The SS flashes (for SS membership) can easily have been added and are suspect...sit too low and crooked...not applied correctly in my view.
                          Should be just below the pleats or slightly to the left (see red).
                          Nice tunic and the flashes appear to me real too but have these been on it all along? Value = the parts!
                          This doesn't matter how crookedly the insignia was applied. It was probably done by 80 years old grandmother of the tunic's owner, and there was no RZM employee, waiting at the back with the ruler. I don't say this show a period attachment, but I really seen wrongly war time applied insignia, even BeVo insignia attached to the face side down

Comment

This was a one that was on a dealers site, with the runes aligned with the bottom of the pocket and centred on the pleat.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X