SS marked tea set Platterhof Guest house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS marked tea set Platterhof Guest house

First of all pardon me if this is not the proper place to post an ítem like this. Moderator feel free to move it if it's wrong here.
    I came across this tea set from the Platterhof guest house in the Obersalzberg.
    Maker is H. EICKE BERLIN. Other markings include and ink stamp on the porcelain which says Platterhof Obersalzberg and a kind of figure with an angel shape.
    Also comes with a tag which includes a text and a watermark which I cannot read.
    At first glance everything seems to be period but the SS markings look bogus to me...why would stuff from a guest house be marked as SS???
    Knowing all the fakes out there I would like to know your opinions on the SS markings and the whole set as I have never seen such a set.
    Many thanks.
    Kind regards,
    Ace
    Attached Files

More pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Tea cup bottom has no SS markings
        Attached Files

Comment

Burner bottom and tea jar bottom both SS marked
          Attached Files

Comment

Damage caused by burner in the water tank and marking detail
            Attached Files

Comment

Paper tag detail
              Now I have just started praying...
              Attached Files

Comment

These are period pieces but enhanced with the bogus stamp I feel (as you already suspected).
                The other Obersalzberg red markings are probably also added...Aren't all markings supposed to be baked/glazed into the ceramic????
                or these are later added (period done) property stamps, I don't know...very suspicious to me!

Comment

I have seen many Platterhof Hotel serving pieces in the hands of 101st airborne vets and own several. NONE are marked like the one posted. They have the logo of a woman dressed in local costume with a mountain in the background. No ss stampings what so ever.

Comment

Obviously a fake/fantasy SS stamp

Ian

Comment

Oh Lord!
                      I was pretty sure the SS stampings were bad, but never suspected on the Platterhof ones which were the ones that lead me to get this set which came out of a very old collection and endorsed by a reputable member here...are you definetely sure guys Platterhof stuff shouldn't be marked that way?
                      Many thanks for your help!

Cheers,
                      Ace

Comment

Don't like those SS one bit, get your money back!

Comment

Thank you people for the help!!!
                          Talked to the seller and a return for a money back was agreed.
                          Thank you very kindly, really appreciate your valuable opinions.

Cheers,
                          Ace

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X