X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Der Führer" VT cufftitle for review

Hi all,
    I wanted to share my latest catch with you
    I got this beautiful "Der Führer" cufftitle today which is directly from the estate of the soldiers family,
    its the first cufftitle I got with those cloth RZM tags. It's a real beauty in this slightly worn condition
    Cheers, Kevin
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

detail of the tags
      Attached Files

Comment

wunderbar und schön

Comment

Great item !

Comment

Superb

Ian

Comment

It's interesting to note that VT regiment Der Fuhrer was formed in 1938, yet the bands are dated 1936. How did that happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                It's interesting to note that VT regiment Der Fuhrer was formed in 1938, yet the bands are dated 1936. How did that happen?
                Very good point !!!!

Comment

How about the blank band was made in '36 and the "Der Fuhrer" was added later. Does that work?

Comment

I have no problem with the cuff band itself...being a very good example of an early RZM (embroidered) Der Fuhrer.
                    I also see that the band may have had a paper tag as well with only remnants remaining.
                    But the two cloth tags puzzle me??
                    There is a similar DF band in Angolia's "Cloth Insignia" book and that puzzled me also.
                    Perhaps the band was manufactured in 1936 and left blank until it was actually embroidered in 1938, so I don't understand the second 36 dated cloth tag??
                    Perhaps both tags were added??

Regardless....I love the Cuffband itself and believe it to be a period piece.

Vilja

Comment

Left over tags from 1936? there a thrifty people JMO

Best
                      Greg

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for your feedback so far
                        I can definately say everything on this piece is period, it never was in collectors hands before, so the tags are for sure a period attachment
                        Cheers, Kevin

Comment

Excellent cufftitle!

Comment

Very nice and good point about the dating. So a '36 manufactured "blank" embroidiered at a later date!

Comment

Very nice and all original. RZM tags were purchased as receipts for tax paid to the RZM and SS for the privilege of producing and selling insignia and other regalia. The tags were not disgarded the next year. The serial numbered paper tags, introduced in mid 1938, took care of the issue of improper dates for production items.

Bob Hritz
                              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X