Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skull ring

Hello,

I know that this ring is worn not only by SS.
    But I do not know where else to post this topic.

So, is this ring is good? Is this wa ww2 ring?

Thank you!

Yes it appears to be a PP ring....they varied some in design. Looks like it has been ground dug..(there is a ground dug section I thought?).Is there initials on each side of the skull scratched or engraved in ?? as...that areas is sometimes adorned by snakes with scales, and oakleaves. They usually wear as this one is worn in the teeth area. Like you said , ss, and Heer, and other branches of service could buy and wear rings like this ,but most with TK rings didn't wear this type, and I don't think washing the dirt off on the inside will hurt it , may reveal the maker, who could have been Rumanian, or even Austrian, as they were made in many venues. Just keep the old photos (or videos of when found )of when it was dirty ,as even cleaning the mud off it inside the band only ,Carefully with a tooth brush only and no abrasives and the reason on the band part is the skull backs usually never have any marks in that area just the eye dimples depressions)will still look like a ground dug example. Can you reveal more as to where it was found (general area, not specific , or is there a story of the digging of finding it.?)
    Last edited by juoneen; 06-26-2013, 06:06 PM.

Comment

This is the so called gorillahead skull. It comes in brass and in other low grade metals. It is normally silvered and has no maker's mark. Sometimes the eyes are painted red on this pattern. Once this was a rare ring to find, but a few years ago a hoard of the were found in germany. Now you often find them on the market. Your ring has the correct construction look and seems a nice dug out original.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X