Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Boots & marks...genuine or fake?

Hi Folks!

I really don't know anything about SS...not really my field...

I came across these boots...so just wondering if they are actual SS and if the "SS" and "RZM" marks outside and inside of them are genuine or fake ones...

Thanks in advance!

Fake stamping ..... as far as I'm concerned
    Regards
    David

Comment

Boots

Motorcycle boots. Fake stamping.

Comment

I think tha the boots are period, officer style boots, but the markings are fake.

Comment

Thanks so much mates!

Cheers!

Comment

I might have "believed" in these if they'd stopped with the inside marking....that I might have fallen for....but once they also marked the outside...was obvious overkill.

These are not your typical Officer's boots, they look old, yes, but they do look more "motorcycle" than "military" IMO....certianly work for display but not sure if you ever wanted to resell them.... but my knowledge of German (or motorcycle) boots is limited I'll admit!
            John G.

Comment

Another attempt - same fake markings >> http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Schwarze-Wehr...t_13677wt_1398

Comment

Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
                Another attempt - same fake markings >> http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Schwarze-Wehr...t_13677wt_1398

Uuuh...this is the same seller...

I guess he likes so much marking everything with his fake SS stamp!!!

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemilitaria View Post
                  I might have "believed" in these if they'd stopped with the inside marking....that I might have fallen for....but once they also marked the outside...was obvious overkill.

These are not your typical Officer's boots, they look old, yes, but they do look more "motorcycle" than "military" IMO....certianly work for display but not sure if you ever wanted to resell them.... but my knowledge of German (or motorcycle) boots is limited I'll admit!
                  John G.

I'm not sure what German motorcycle boots are, but if they are being described as high boots worn by motorcycle riders from about the 60s on these are not those IMO.

This style boot is a very documented variation of officers high boot made from the later 30s to 1945 and worn by officers in all Wehrmacht branches. They have layers SEWN soles, a low flat heal, soft leather tops with strap and buckle closure and are lined in the tops with either white horse hide or tan calfskin.....most always (like these) with the hair side outward in the lining.....they are pretty specific and 100% WWII period.

I can not say that this style was never made after May 1945....but I have never a set that showed evidence of being made post war.

I will add that this style seems to be rarely nailed or have heel irons and often has hard rubber half soles added and most always hard rubber heel pads....they seem to have been intended for walking boots.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X