No announcement yet.

Hand made SS wooden box w/ documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some features remind me of the "MK wedding casket".

Comment

Verry
      Nice
      Period
      Box

Comment

Just the wood box by itself =instantly looks good to me
        all together as a piece-awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
          Some features remind me of the "MK wedding casket".
          very much.

Comment

Can you take a closer photo from the signature of the 'Hauptsturmführer'...would be nice to see who signed this paper and which Sturmbann it was.
            Cheers Bernd

Comment

I like it.

Comment

I love it.

Comment

Especially the sentence underneath the heading " Urkunde " ; with an underscore space left open behind the word " kleine_ " , to fill in an " m " or an " r " depending on the child being a boy or girl . Such perfect detail .

Congrats on a unique find , thanks for showing .. !
                  Last edited by Winkelman; 06-24-2013, 06:28 PM.

Comment

I like it. I find it interesting that some declare it genuine without any photo evidence...the same people who do not like the cask and for the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
                      I like it. I find it interesting that some declare it genuine without any photo evidence...the same people who do not like the cask and for the same reason.
                      *Grabs popcorn*

EDIT: There are similarities in construction.
                      Last edited by C.Reinhardt; 06-26-2013, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Looks very good and very nice! IMO old and original!

Comment

In spite of the fact that Thorsten finds it to be good... i think it is original.

The box is actually mentioned in the text in the document.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne B. View Post
                            I don't have the time for a full translation but your friend is right.The document says that the box was a gift from the 17.SS Standarte.With the box came a 40,00 reichsmark donation on a savings account for the new born.

This is a true SS cultural item that probably was handed over at the birth ceremony.

Thanks for showing!

Considering the theory that the space in the box is for the savings/cheque book for the monetary award I bought an old German cheque book to check the fit in the box, it fits perfectly.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                              .... I bought an old German cheque book to check the fit in the box, it fits perfectly.
                              ow and it had to be a Wewelsburg one!

Comment

Evidence for authenticity of so called SS MK boxes

As this wood box that started the thread has a document declaring it was a gift from SS to SS, so to speak, AND it looks very much in the model of the so -called SS MK box,
                                might I point out the obvious that this is strong circumstantial evidence that the SS MK boxes were also SS gifts AND from SS to SS.

Same type of legs, similar lines... Even appears to have been to hold special SS related items of which an MK wedding edition book would also be...or other SS items. If you will excuse my use of American vernacular this SS wooden box has a similar "vibe'' if you will .

Does this prove anything without a doubt?
                                No.
                                But is it very strong circumstantial evidence to see that it has more possibilities of being real than some have allowed so far?
                                -YES

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X