X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutch star of david

Up for discussion.
    Attached Files

This item is fake and the seller is aware of this. It is currently offered on estand, buyer beware. A link to a prior discussion before the item was even available on estand.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-co...signia-314839/

Comment

I asked people on the forum in a private message and gave m e thumbs up , so mixed feelings..

Comment

Their is nothing mixed here, besides facts vs opinions. If the people you asked in private have any evidence this Star of David is authentic, please post it. And why do it in private? If I had an item deemed fake in public and others thought different; which is just an opinion, not fact, I'd want those opinions public as well. Their is something off here. The fact is the star of david is a reproduction, I think you known that and I hope nobody gets burned. If your even somewhat interested in this Star of David, please read the link above first please!
        Last edited by codytrcollector; 06-28-2013, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Who ever you ask most know nothing about this "star" aka, Star of David. I don't think that entitles you to peddle off your fakes to uneducated collectors.

Comment

Just pulled it off the e-stand

Comment

I don't see too many differences with this one. http://www.gahetna.nl/collectie/afbe...term/jodenster
              Can you post a picture with some measurements on it? Please use a ruler, because some people don't trust you apparently.
              Last edited by beutegermane; 06-28-2013, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Has nothing to do with trust. It's fake, period. This is a fact. Nobody else deserves to get burned. Thank you Kurt, you did the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by beutegermane View Post
                  I don't see too many differences with this one. http://www.gahetna.nl/collectie/afbe...term/jodenster
                  Can you post a picture with some measurements on it? Please use a ruler, because some people don't trust you apparently.
                  You can't see the Star of David patch close enough in the link to compare.

Comment

You can zoom in using the bar, right below, next to the other symbols.

Quote:
                    This item is fake and the seller is aware of this.

Doesn't sound very much like trust, don't you think?

Please don't present your opinion as a fact.

Comment

I'm not saying it is original either, but I haven't seen enough proof for me to be a fake.
                      I think when it's original, it's also qute impossible to tell the difference between such an original and a fake.

Comment

I respectfully disagree. It's just like anything, study originals and the fakes become easy to spot. Read the thread at WRF I posted.

Comment

And I respectfully dissagree with your opinion. It stops for me when fakes use original ink and material, and the original pattern to print. There are fakes to spot, but an original unissued one would be impossible in my opinion.

Complete rolls of unissued printed stars have been found, and cut of, to give away or sell. The roll from Theresienstadt taken by Dutch writer and prisoner Jo Spier for example.

Padded stars are a different story for me.

I'm still waiting for the six worn German stars myself, worn by the family of a Jewish friend of mine.

I read the link, but the only argument I can find is that is just cut of, and it looks like it's been printed a bit crooked. (also notice it's not laying on a flat surface on the picture)

Comment

How about the texture of the yellow thread the star is made of? I must say im not a big fan of this one and lean towards fake as well.

The black and white picture in the link proves nothing besides that the stipping pattern to "cut" was indeed there.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X