Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Scharführer shoulder boards opinions needed

Hello everyone,
    I've just received this pair of SS Infanterie Scharführer boards but I would like to hear some additional oppinions on these.
    For me they looked all OK but there are raising some questions. At first, the size, they are slightly smaller or narrower than "normal", I made a comparision between two of my Heer shoulder boards, as you can see the Artillerie shoulder strap is also quite small, the infanterie whit is what I would call standard sized, could anybody tell me for which kind of tunic these small boards were made for?

I'm also not sure about the piping of the SS boards,
    it looks like rayon but it doesn't feel slippy, its more a kind of white cotton piping its a little more rough.. is this an exepted type?
    I would well appreciate your opinions about this pair of boards, thank you
    Best regards,
    Kevin
    Attached Files
    Last edited by EiSVOGEL'; 05-14-2013, 05:44 AM.

size comparision with two Heer straps, the Artillerie one is almost of the same size
    Attached Files

Comment

last ones
      Attached Files

Comment

any opinions on this pair?

Comment

still nobody please tell me if better pictures are needed

Comment

I would pass.

//Felix

Comment

I cannot comment on these boards being original or not but they were made in different sizes. Longer ones were used on overcoats and for wider/larger soldiers and the smaller ones for smaller people. I have seen issue boards cut down for very small people, you also will see smaller sized tabs for the same reason.

Comment

Thank you Felix for your opinion! But I would like to hear a few more on these boards..
                Also many thanks for the explanation

Please, I need a little more feedback on the boards, I'm still not sure if I should keep them?
                I need to make a decision based on your opinions, if they are bad I'm going to send them back
                Last edited by EiSVOGEL'; 05-15-2013, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Here is a little update with better fotos!
                  The fieldgrey backing cloth is quite dark in colour, its made of wool scraps but they seem to be all out of the same type of wool, so no colour difference between the scraps.
                  The white piping has a rougher texture than the "slippy feel rayon type" I know, but thats perhaps just a variation???
                  The boards are definately very well made and look rather convincing but I'm not 100% sure so I would wish your more experienced opinions on this pair, thanks
                  I hope the additional pictures will help
                  Attached Files

Comment

more
                    Attached Files

Comment

piping detail
                      Attached Files

Comment

buttonholes
                        Attached Files

Comment

i like them

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X