X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dachau collar tab from E-stand

I don't like this one :

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=670738

Please post photo's before they are gone, as with the other thread.

don't like this one too: Delta?!
    Attached Files

Comment

Tab

Comment

Firstly Kurt - why don't you say something constructive along the lines of why you don't like something?

Second - thanks to the people who pm'd me voicing their doubts and giving me an opportunity to deal with any issues before being taken out and hung, drawn and quartered by this forum's resident lynch mob.

Third - let's try and learn something here - me and other collectors who may not have the massive experience that others have in manufactured fakes.

I had always thought that Delta's were not made of doeskin - the one featured is definitely doeskin (i know what that is) and also that the delta characteristic was the white threads on the very edge of the reverse.

I've attached pictures which show this tab next to a confirmed delta fake and have taken a better (well slightly) picture of the obverse to try and show the material in a better light.

I've also pulled this from the e-stand - the right decision if it is still bad and the right decision if it is actually good - I don't need the grief for £150.

All constructive and educational responses appreciated.

Tom
        Attached Files

Comment

close up
          Attached Files

Comment

I appologies, I don't like the material whats it made of the slippery stitching and the backing.

Comment

Front and especially back spell Delta to me .

Comment

Originally posted by waffen44 View Post
                Front and especially back spell Delta to me .
                yes, no doubt

Comment

Aged Delta fake ... probably both of them by the looks of it.

Ian

Comment

Delta tabs stitch lines are usually close to the edges as seen on the right tab.
                    Both are delta fakes IMHO and the one in question probably has old stitch lies removed and a new line atypical of delta fakes added. It does look fresh compared to the "fake wear"

I am sorry
                    //Felix

Comment

sorry Tom as Felix says the stitch lines have probably been re-positioned to decieve.
                      Cheers
                      Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by TomH View Post
                        Firstly Kurt - why don't you say something constructive along the lines of why you don't like something?

Second - thanks to the people who pm'd me voicing their doubts and giving me an opportunity to deal with any issues before being taken out and hung, drawn and quartered by this forum's resident lynch mob.

Third - let's try and learn something here - me and other collectors who may not have the massive experience that others have in manufactured fakes.

I had always thought that Delta's were not made of doeskin - the one featured is definitely doeskin (i know what that is) and also that the delta characteristic was the white threads on the very edge of the reverse.

I've attached pictures which show this tab next to a confirmed delta fake and have taken a better (well slightly) picture of the obverse to try and show the material in a better light.

I've also pulled this from the e-stand - the right decision if it is still bad and the right decision if it is actually good - I don't need the grief for £150.

All constructive and educational responses appreciated.

Tom
                        Tom, anything posted on the estand is up for discussion. No need to get defensive, I saw no lynch mob. I , for one appreciate when folks review these things for us.

Comment

All - thanks for your constructive comments - and it goes to show you can always learn - I did not know that Delta used the doeskin material - it's a new one on me.

Sal - my prickly reaction was down to a response on a different thread not this one (which we can let go). As someone who doesn't post that often but checks into the Tony Barto most days - I like the pm approach that some opted for.

best to all

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                            Delta tabs stitch lines are usually close to the edges as seen on the right tab.
                            Both are delta fakes IMHO and the one in question probably has old stitch lies removed and a new line atypical of delta fakes added. It does look fresh compared to the "fake wear"

I am sorry
                            //Felix
                            Sorry I'm responding to these out of sequence - it's not a problem Felix - the Galizien is undoubtedly fake - i just put it up for comparison. I don't see old stitch lines under a magnifier either and to me it (the Kaminski) just doesnt seem like a fake. I'm moving on but I will give this in hand to some of the guys in the UK to see whether in hand - opinions change - but this is just for curiosity sake - I've had it for 25 years so it's no big deal!

Appreciate your comments

Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X