Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange tent made of SS Camo

Hi,
    Anybody have informatio on this tent? Made with mint Oak A camo. I thought it was post war made with real camo, but it looks alot like a gebergsjager tent. Any information would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Link to better photos: There is also Oak B on the tent.

http://s745.photobucket.com/user/Plu...s%20NCO%20tent

Comment

A very interesting tent. I like it.
      But I don´t think it is an pre 1945 item.

I my opinion it was made postwar. There are some points:

-The zipper seems to be a "Bundeswehr" item.

-The Oak B material insinde has typical errors in darkbrown print (unprinted white areas). I own a helmet cover and another piece of this material from this production run. There are many postwar fakes made from this material. This no evidence, I know.

-The stamp on the wooden part is mysterious: Metzelers production area was at Schwanthalerstraße, Westendstraße 131-133 and Gautinger Strasse, not Kautinger Strasse.
      During WW2 it was never a GmbH, from 01.01.01- 10.04.1933 it was "AG Metzeler & Co" (before this time it was a OHG), after this time "Metzeler Gummiwerke AG" (till 1965).

But I would use it for camping.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by M44/45collector View Post
        A very interesting tent. I like it.
        But I don´t think it is an pre 1945 item.

I my opinion it was made postwar. There are some points:

-The zipper seems to be a "Bundeswehr" item.

-The Oak B material insinde has typical errors in darkbrown print (unprinted white areas). I own a helmet cover and another piece of this material from this production run. There are many postwar fakes made from this material. This no evidence, I know.

-The stamp on the wooden part is mysterious: Metzelers production area was at Schwanthalerstraße, Westendstraße 131-133 and Gautinger Strasse, not Kautinger Strasse.
        During WW2 it was never a GmbH, from 01.01.01- 10.04.1933 it was "AG Metzeler & Co" (before this time it was a OHG), after this time "Metzeler Gummiwerke AG" (till 1965)
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1&postcount=30

Comment

Your link is no answer.
          Are you able to write a fow more words?

So the norwegian homeguard used Bundeswehr- zipper and wrong named stamps from a munich dealer?

Comment

Originally posted by M44/45collector View Post
            Your link is no answer.
            Are you able to write a fow more words?

So the norwegian homeguard used Bundeswehr- zipper and wrong named stamps from a munich dealer?
            I just put the link for show that in this thread it was said that norwegian homeguard made oak leafs tent in the post war years with a roll of camo fabric made in Norway !

Using war time and post war materials together to manufacture tents , rucksaks, working dress and so on for civilian use in the 50's or 60's wasn't uncommon everywhere in Europe !

Comment

Ok... you are right.

Comment

When I opened this I was expecting a strange tent .
                All I found was a normal tent ,no big top ,no wig wam , no mountain climbers one man !!
                Dam !

Owen

Comment

Photos of Wiking division
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X