Smock - Field repaired and customized.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smock - Field repaired and customized.

Not very often that we see pictures here of smocks with field repairs, or customized by field tailors.

Want to shear some pictures of one of mine, this is a M-40 Plane tree overprint. It has been shortened over the shoulders and got a closing flap insted of the drawstring. Got a lot of repairs and is hevily used.
    Tom
    Attached Files

Pic. 3
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a fine original jacket but worn and repaired. Interesting to see the field modification. Also interesting to see the "torn" upper part edge of the pockets. I have seen this a few times before and its been peculiar to me. Like you wear it and is frustrated with the placement with the pocket holes? and hence use force and tear it on purpose?

Cheers
      //Felix

Comment

That's a nice looking pullover !

Owen

Comment

I love the modified camo smocks. I would like to see a thread on those modifications and examples in collections. I have never been lucky enough to find any for my collection.

Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Nice modfied Schlupfjacke, thank you for sharing.

Comment

Felix, Owen, Bob and M44/45 thank you for the kind words, I do like it a lot. I have fieldmade items with provenance and as Bob says, lets start a tread with these items. I know there is a lot of them out there but as you know, its a minefield so let us stick to what we know are the real deal pre-45.
              Tom

Comment

Looks like the arms were replaced at the shoulder....?

Comment

No evidence of the 'placket' where the old neck opening would have stopped?

I would love to see more 'field mods' or shortened/adjusted/pockets/riri zipped smocks as well

Comment

Late M40 smocks did not generally have plackets.

Mike

Comment

@mike- thanks, my mistake.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X