No announcement yet.

Oskar Klingelhöfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

half a year later he decided to take a new opportunity - he gave up photographie and startet a new carreer in the company of a relative of his wife Johannes Reinicke (can be seen in post 186 left of Klingelhöfer). Reinicke was one of those man who were talented in earning money (even during the war he earned a lot of money). He started as a sales representative and was obviously were good because now it went better imediately....

Since both - he and his wife - were photgrapher plenty of pics exist of them. Here he can be seen with 2 relatives:
    Attached Files

Comment

As I was told in 1956 he tried to join the new West German forces. And indeed he came in the short list and was invited to a final test. There he was asked about his opinion of Stauffenberg and 20.Juli. He must have told them he had shot the Führer instead of such a amateurish act. That was obviously the wrong answer and he was rejected.

He always regreted that he was not allowed to continue his miltary carreer although he earned much more money later in civilian life....

Comment

I have followed this excellent thread with great interest, as I have always been interested in the "Malmedy Process".

This youtube video is compilation of clips from the trial (some without sound). You can see Klinghofer every so often when the camera pans to the viewers right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5X0VyAJUOo

(obviously, it is not the entire trial "uncut", despite the posters claim).
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Lucky--
          Is there more history and photographs of him after 1956?
          I would presume that his children are still alive to this day?
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
            Lucky--
            Is there more history and photographs of him after 1956?
            I would presume that his children are still alive to this day?
            Both are allive - one is living in Canada. I will continue soon. There some more interesting facts to tell.

Comment

Great thread

Thanks

Comment

here is the final parole report. In 1956 it seems that he had nearly forgoten his past and concentrated on his new life. When the pic in post 2 symbolizes his "first" life that one stands for his "second":
                Attached Files

Comment

the following years were characterized by further economical succes. He became self employed and earned a lot of money. The family moved back to Celle and bought a large house. Here he was involved in riding association and became chair man of the dog breeder association. These 2 pics were taken in the 1960´s.
                  Attached Files

Comment

He was not activ in any veteran organisation nor had he any contact to former comrads (with one exception - his former driver Rolf Ehrhardt visited him once or twice).

He did never speak about the war or malmedy to his family. The only thing he always said is that he had nothing to do with the crossroad incicent.

a pic in colour - of course with cigarette:
                    Attached Files

Comment

one of the last pics - short before his death. He and his last dog.

In 1973 he died of lung cancer.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Back to the war - Does anyone recognisze these two officers of II/TIR 1 in 1942 or 1943?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X