SS Hochzeitsteller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Hochzeitsteller

Hi all, I bought this wooden plate on the flea market. I was looking the sign (what does it mean) and found out that it might be SS Hochzeitsteller. The only weird thing is that the sign I found out on other SS Hochzeitstellers was with word Ehre or Ehret. My has only Ehrt. Anyone having opinion about it? thanks

The SS wedding plate on display in the SS exhibition at Wewelsburg castle bears a slightly different version of the carved "Scholle"-dedication as well - that is nothing to worry about. "Ehret" - "Ehrt" - "Ehre" - from observation of what has surfaced over the years slightly different versions did exist.

I have no doubt that this is a fine authentic SS wedding plate.

Comment

As someone who knows nothing about cultural pieces I would be very shocked at the poor quality of the carving if this is original to the IIIrd Reich period.

Ian

Comment

Thanks very much Thorsten! I´m really pleased

Ian: I´m 100% sure it´s not a fake. I bought it on flea market for only 2 EUR I didn´t know what is it, same as seller. I bought it as as bread plate for our military camp.
        I just wanted to know what does the sign mean, so I made a research on Google and found out that it might me SS wedding plate. I was really shocked, in the positive meaning

I just wasn´t sure why has is the sign with Ehrt because I saw only Ehre or Ehret (on the other hand, I saw only 4 pieces). And I didn´t know if it´s really SS or if it´s some prewar civilian stuff. But thanks to Thorsten and having found more examples on the internet, I´m sure now

Please see high quality pictures and you will be sure as well:

http://heini.kvhwurm.cz/ssteller.jpg
        http://heini.kvhwurm.cz/ssteller2.jpg

Anyway, as I´m not the SS stuff collector, so in case of anyones interest, I´m opened to reasonable offers..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
        X