SS Helmet Cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Helmet Cover?

I recently was offered this cover and would like to know more about it.

Sorry for the pictures I used my cell and I wanted to get as many pictures in a short space of time as I wont have it in my hands again unless I buy it.

The seller is not the usual WW2 enthusiast and had a few bits and bobs, and its cheap.

The material it looks good, feels good and shows signs of wear/usage on the right places/ and small repairs.

Based on everything I learned here... this a NO...

Comment

Please share your thoughts! Do you think its even real camo?

Comment

Well the clips are not correct... repros... I don't like the stitching, don't like the construction... can't say about the material... my general over all feeling is I don't like it.... a No for me...

But on the flip side, everyone is always fighting over these covers... so wait for other opinions..

Jim

Comment

reenactors

Comment

So I have on another forum a guy telling me the camo is real and on here its a full repro?

So now we have think /have/established the clips and stitching are not period...

Is the camo real? If so are they still collectible? Considering the price of covers....

Regards
            Last edited by chris235; 03-24-2013, 03:43 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

cover

Good fabric, horrid clips, ok sewing. Ones like this usually sell easily in the $250-$300 range. Plane trees & blurred edges fetch a bit more.

Comment

Thanks very much! Then its a pity about the clips...

I think I will take it then - and put it on estand in the reproduction section.

Thanks again...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X