HisCol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nskk deathshead volunteer sleeve badge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nskk deathshead volunteer sleeve badge...

Hello folks. I'm hoping some of you can give me some input regarding this little sleeve badge that I just got in w/ some other rather innocuous day badges and paper / photos. From my quick research, I've ascertained from one of my references that it's a sleeve badge for former members of the NSKK who volunteered for service w/ SS Totenkopfverbaende during the war...(or??) I've also read that it's a "standard" NSKK drivers badge. Is there something that differentiates the two?? It's not an insignia I've come across before. Considering what was in the rest of the lot, I've no doubt that it's a period piece, and appears to have been removed from a tunic sleeve. A few pix below and thanks in advance for any informative comments. Thank you!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Milton; 02-01-2013, 12:32 PM.

Original and common Nskk sleeve diamond.
    But not for ss members who where prevoious in the NSKK. Just ordinarry NSKK service.

Comment

Thanks. That's what I was thinking after seeing different information between reference material. Thanks again.

Comment

The 70's/80's Bender 'U,O & H of the Waffen-SS' Vol 1 had these down among the 'Former Membership Rautes'.

Comment

Your badge is a standard NSKK badge. That being said it was indeed authorized in 1939 for wear by members of the NSKK who volunteered for duty in the Totenkopf-standarten. Of course at this period of time this was more military in nature as the Totenkopf-standarten were, for the most part, filling the ranks of the Totenkopf division.
          Derek

Comment

Thanks for the additional information gents. Appreciate it!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X