SS cap insignia options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS cap insignia options

Hi Guys, i am new to the forum and thought i would get your educated opinions on these to groups of cap insignia.

The insignia with the braid is eagle M1/72, skull M1/52.

the other insignia is eagle SS475/43, skull SS360/42.

regards
    Andy

I have just realised i can't post attachments yet, if some one can help i can send pics and you can post them for me.

What would be the best book for telling the difference between real and fake.

Andy

Comment

Post photos here (via Photobucket into the Image box) or drop me a PM and I'll take a shufty.

The SS360 skull is a straight off no-no

Ian

Comment

Cheers Ian PM sent

Comment

Photos posted for Andy :-

Second set :-

Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Cant comment on the eagles but as Ian has already mentioned the skull marked ss is bad.

The m1/52 skull looks good from the photos provided (if you can get better close up photos both front & rear that would help for a more conclusive opinion).

Cheers
            Chris

Comment

Here are the close-ups on behalf of Andy ..

Cheers, Ian.

Comment

The second set is original and in killer condition, I might add.
                The M1/52 marking on the skull is one of the slightly scarcer variations
                having the long slash. There were three or four variations of these "long slash" markings that were used on the CupAl M1/52 marked skulls and believe it or not, there were another three or four variations that were used on the aluminum M1/52 skulls and they were all different from those.
                Anyway, nice set!

Chris

Comment

Thanks very much Guys its good to know that not all were copies, and a very special thanks to Ian for taking time to post the photos for me.

Andy

Comment

No problem mate, any time. Nice to see some original insignia for a change.

Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X