SS Cap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Cap question

Brought in to our local gun show by a veterans grandson with 3 other nondescript caps. Not my area of expertise and would appreciate some information on the piece. Black (not field gray) wool, no markings, and insignia clearly original to the cap with no evidence of tampering. Thanks in advance.

Brad LeMay
    Last edited by atlantis; 01-28-2013, 12:04 AM.

I like the chest of drawers better than the hat. Let me know if you ever want to sell it (the chest that is)

Comment

Cap

Lol. You just need to come to Natchez. This wouldn't even generate a casual glance here compared to some of the furniture we live with every day. Thanks for the note.

Brad

Comment

The insignia appear to be original ... unusual application of the eagle though and the skull looks to be reapplied.

Ian

Comment

Cap

Actually neither insignia appear to have ever been removed. What you are seeing in the photograph is fraying on the edges. Perhaps a better image would help. Given the fabric color, would this be for a SS panzer unit. My specialty is imperial Russian and I know nothing about such items. Thank you for your help.

Brad

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post

Brought in to our local gun show by a veterans grandson with 3 other nondescript caps. Not my area of expertise and would appreciate some information on the piece. Black (not field gray) wool, no markings, and insignia clearly original to the cap with no evidence of tampering. Thanks in advance.

Brad LeMay
            Seem fine,but try to ( i have problems with this) get a closer sharper photo.Nice pieces from a local show and rare ss caps as most are hump ups!Cdr

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X