oval above eagle sleeve patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oval above eagle sleeve patch

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 width=175><!-- END TEMPLATE: im_msn -->

</TD><TD class=alt2><!-- icon and title -->
    <HR color=#cfb992 SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Gary, you are probably right that the picture is a reversed negative. I know nothing about photography so I wouldn't really know myself!

Anyway, here is the picture. I can't scan it, so I had to take a picture. The quality is lost as well

Thanks from Jack
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments --><FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Images</LEGEND><TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 border=0><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_attachmentimage --><TBODY></TBODY></TABLE></FIELDSET>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

can anyone verify what I'm seeing here. I know this is a reverse negative pic (thats not the question) but I have seen these ovals above the eagles head before in a few well documented books and websites. I even owned an M43 SS infantry tunic which unfortunatly I paid a decent amount for then 2 years later sold it "as is" because of too much contraversy. that "as is" obviously cost me my A**! now I see this pic and once again I say. "did I sell off something that I shouldn't have or am I just seeing things that arent there." I had multiple "experts" in the field tell me it wasnt good. thoughts? not that it matters anymore. just want to see if I made a grave mistake by getting rid of it. Glenn

Comment

re

You must have eagle-eyes
      sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

I think I am missing something here

Thanks from Jack

Comment

Glen

I see no oval patches in the photo, and yes the photo is defiantly reversed look how the tunic fastens

cheers,

Gary

Comment

I see one ,I think.... ,and 3 red circles with only eagles inside...

The walls are turning into a dotted pattern when I look at them ,so I give up.....

Jos.

Comment

if you have a magnifying glass it is quite clear the man on the left side of the pic has an oval above the head of the eagle. does anyone else see this? is there no one out there in all their years of examining pieces that never saw an oval above the sleeve eagles head? I have seen many. as I said some were on true photo's and credible dealers/books. I guess maybe I just have strange vision. perhaps I am wrong.

Comment

Glenn...

...I guess he must just be a very angelic little eagle.

I still don't know what you mean. Do you mean a half-oval in
                the black cloth backing surrounding the eagle's head? Sometimes
                they were sewn this way (up and over) so that the stitching
                wouldn't obscure the head.

Comment

yes Brian. thats what I do mean. the backing is in a half circle instead of the typical flat level backing that is almost always encountered. so I guess what I'm trying to find out is was this backing "stitched" that way or are there known examples that came out of the factory with an ovaled backing? have you ever seen a 100% unquestionable/ original sleeve eagle with an oval backing above the head? Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Barbaritz
                    ... have you ever seen a 100% unquestionable/ original sleeve eagle with an oval backing above the head? Glenn
                    The answer is a definite "Yes!" to that Glenn. And that goes the same
                    for Heer breast and (bullion) cap eagles as well. However, this is many
                    years ago, and I can't say that this was factory-done, as I wasn't as
                    astute then as I am now...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X