No announcement yet.

SS-VT Oversaes Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think both caps are copies, and I still believe that the first button is a cast of an original...

Comment

I think for these caps, the interior seams - which are bulkier than those is other overseas caps - and a good maker are key. This one of mine is typical of the stamped maker marked ones, I believe.

I like the button, and the cap doesn't look off either.

regards, Robert
      Attached Files

Comment

If your button is aluminum, with a rolled edge, that's a good sign. The markings look good, but these are copied (what isn't)?

You should see some trace of the eagle; it would have been in this position.
        Attached Files

Comment

The seams are almost ropey on these, and relatively complex when compared to some pre-war and early war caps.
          Attached Files

Comment

Good info... Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by cossack1648 View Post
              Do you have any pictures of those fake caps with 38516 RZM tag?

Jack
              A link that may be of interest .. >> http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=sold+dealer
              Attached Files

Comment

Ding ding ding.. Billbert

Comment

Thanks guys. I believe know my cap is bad. Now I need evidence to request refound.

Tag shots. I think my RZM tag is same as the one in attached link in previous post.

Jack
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys for the help!!

Comment

2nd cap, i'm sorry, is a fake easy to spot (sewing)°, first is a super insidious fake, i could spot it from sewing thread... thin and different from original. it could be really interesting see a close up of a lining i think is textbook. So a really super fake born to fool.
                      the third cap, green, is a textbook VT cap... for my experience i will never buy a VT cap with different features of the classic textbook VT cap.
                      I saw some slight difference (colour, wool) by early and my late one but they are really similar and =to the 3rd cap

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X