HisCol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DUTCH made bullion sleeve GOLDEN eagle ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DUTCH made bullion sleeve GOLDEN eagle ..

Reluctantly showing this one , since I know by now what I can expect the comments to be on any nontextbook-items - still I made a commitment ..

This DUTCH-made eagle has been traced back to the very source = a cigarbox full of insignia tunic-removed in 1945 .

Definitely not the usual RZM Germanmade style , it lacks e.g. the upper part of the wings , and has a " horizontal " body .
    The whole eagle is UV-negative , enbroidered around an Unterlage .

But of particular interest should be the partial use of genuine silverthread on the head , wings & wreath binding , which turned into GOLD on the front , but can still be seen as silver on the reverse .
    Most of the aluminum wire used has oxidized into white .
    All of this 70+ years later , which is a lifetime for the most of us ..

It came from this Dutch grouping >> http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...51#post5664251
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Winkelman; 01-01-2013, 04:13 AM.

Reverse , where the bullion has not turned gold yet .

For your interest & comments ..
    Attached Files

Comment

The complete set , which is far removed from the usually discussed Dachau or even RZM items - and therefor may be of all the more interest to some ..
      Attached Files

Comment

A different type of Litze was used for the promotion to Hauptsturmführer - also quite scary , but both types are original & that's just what happened in the real world at the time ..
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice.

I shouldn't worry about the different litzen, as you say both are original and back then they cared far less than we collectors do today

Ian

Comment

eagle

Hi Fred,

for sure an eagle that would get a on the forum if it had no backgroundinformation! I like the whole group, very nice score.

greets

Comment

No it wouldn't because of how its made and the materials used...very nice. The only people who give thumbs down on such pieces are the ones who haven't broadened their spectrum in the field and looked at other things.

Comment

Hi,

It is a nice eagle and grouping for sure. Absolutely nontextbook, but that is making it even better. A lot of good items are also rejected on a forum, but that is what can happen when a lot of people give there opinions.
                I wouldn't mind if I own a grouping like that and someone is giving a bad reaction on it

Comment

Dutch

That's a very nice grouping , all to one person , even better. Although not the normal encountered patterns I do not think very many collectors would have a problem figuring out 's original. The way the silver thread has aged in these examples is really hard to fake . I have seen a number of these Dutch eagles done in Silver thread which makes me wonder if this was the normal material for their tailors ? thanks for posting .

Comment

Great grouping!!

Kind regards,
                    Gerd V

Comment

Horizontal Embroidery

I find the horizontal embroidery of the eagle's main body to be FASCINATING. Love it!

Comment

Thank you all for the positive comments .. !

Here are some closeups of the other items >> http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=609249&page=2

Comment

Great score, saw them recently in hand, very nice made items!

Comment

I like the grouping wonderful Dutch tab.

Rene Chavez
                            www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X