Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post
    the wrap has a chance.
    looks promising but have also some doubts.
    for example the stamps area, moreover why someone cut of stamp of marker.

Font used is a bit different from the wrap i examined, moreover the late one with gray rayon hbt lining of Betr.ra. production.

i need a lot of details... from rear collar to button holes, pictures of the cross inside and so on.
    Thanks for looking. I have requested more photos and will post once received.

Comment

passed many hour with Richard P. with our main discussion: WRAPS, BETR.RA. and late WRAPS.

RIP!

Comment

Unitl now I have no issues with this wrapper. More pictures are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Fokkelman View Post
          Unitl now I have no issues with this wrapper.
          This very late sleeve eagle appears on a good many stripped and rebadged on the cheap items. Not a thumbs down in itself but just to apply a gentle application of caution.

Just a thinking out loud question ... How many Waffen-SS units which qualified for the Ost Medaille did not have a unit cufftitle ?

Ian

Comment

I thought that as a rule, grey wraps are more rare than black ones. Why are there far more grey wraps for sale than black? There is a grey wrap for sale at the marshal baton, also at military antiques stockholm. When offered, grey wraps are usually unissued depot pieces or unissued depot pieces embellished post war with insignia. To see a combat worn grey wrap is a real sensation. There just seems to be an awful lot of unissued assault gun wraps out there.

Comment

Guys

I thank you all for your comments and those who will continue to post.

Seller is away for Xmas but will send more photos afterwards and I will post once received.

I think it has a chance, but better pictures will hopefully make it more clear.

Certainly no expert but looks like combat wear and late-war.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                This very late sleeve eagle appears on a good many stripped and rebadged on the cheap items. Not a thumbs down in itself but just to apply a gentle application of caution.

Just a thinking out loud question ... How many Waffen-SS units which qualified for the Ost Medaille did not have a unit cufftitle ?

Ian
                Quite many I believe. If you look at period pics the majority does not have a cuff title. That goes for all uniforms.

Cheers
                //Felix

Comment

Originally posted by ccnrecon View Post
                  I thought that as a rule, grey wraps are more rare than black ones. Why are there far more grey wraps for sale than black? There is a grey wrap for sale at the marshal baton, also at military antiques stockholm. When offered, grey wraps are usually unissued depot pieces or unissued depot pieces embellished post war with insignia. To see a combat worn grey wrap is a real sensation. There just seems to be an awful lot of unissued assault gun wraps out there.

They are more rare,and as such the question as to why so many are for sale answers itself in my opinion. I dont want to say good or bad because truely not enough details shown, so why speculate and ruffle feathers? Original ss hbt dot for me is easy to spot from photos alone. These wrappers are too dangerous without hands on or at least 3 dozen photos. The fakes are simply too well done. Some may know these wrappers so well that they can opine with just these few photos. I am not one of those.

Comment

Remember: a stug wrap is 3 time more difficult to made than a m43 / m42.

By the way i accept some sceptcism... but i would be in the field of construction and not in the usually field of "too many were sold".

These wrap sold are also different, some times slight some times a lot. For sure the most of them, (i think all for Italian cloth) didn't have any insigna except eagle.

If we must compare stug and panzer wrap remember that at the moment... only 1 lining it's common accepted for panzer wrap, i saw many panzer wrap with bright black rayon lining. someone wants, the most not.

I post a picture of wrap with an Italian captured wool speaks so much about the question "why there are a quantity of mint wrap?"
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X