This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Albert haag scam

You might have noticed the recent posted threads relating to the al haag Scam and all related post's to that episode have been removed form this forum, they are stored in our data base but it is time now to move on and get back to what this forum is about collecting, IMO they do not belong here as the scam did not belong here, there is no other reason for this or agenda's I would like to thank you all for posting your opinions but now its time to move on
    cheers,
    Gary

Gary,

What happened to Robin? I was angry at what he did and angrier at his excuse for why he did it. An update on his membership status is due, if anything to let other's know what will happen to them should they try such shenanigans in the future.

Gene
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Was he banned?

Jason

Comment

I don't really live around this forum much, but I kept up with the whole episode. I understand the administrators desire to put this thing away because as long as everyone is focused on this, no one is concentrating on collecting which is what this place is all about. On the other hand, collectors who focus on SS stuff have a vested interest in knowing how this thing was dealt with and what happened to one of the little tin gods of their area of interest. I understand both views and still have that sick feeling like someone just caught the preacher stealing money from the offering plate, so I hope this is dealt with in a manner best for everyone, and I for one am glad to trust our administrators to make that happen
        Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
        All the best,
        Chris

Comment

Albert Haag

Albert Haag was a Paratrooper with 501st 101st Abn. He was taken prisoner by the Germans soon after D-Day. I hope he didn't use his name on purpose!

Comment

I have read many of the pulled posts, my question is, why delete them? I think we can handle threads like this and make our own decision if it is of importance or not. Some times I think this forum tends to act like another forum that seems to "ban" anything that raises an issue. I like to make my own choices on what I "ban" and don't. Mike

Comment

Why not deal with this in the open instead of banning things like eBay???

Comment

I have to agree that this matter should be delt with in an open manner. If this happened in this part of the forum, might it not happen with other items. To remove the thread dose not help the matter as without doubt the thread has been copied and stored in others archieves and could be used in the future, this would then put forum members who had an interest at a dissadvantage.

The best thing is to keep it were it can be refered to, particularly as the subject of the Dacau pieces has caused a controversy. I would liken it to the Army Baloon badge. But here the matter although heatedly debated was never corupted by false information and a general desiet.

Comment

But here the matter although heatedly debated was never corupted by false information....
                  Well, yes, it was corrupted by false information.

In fact, the entire thread was premised upon a lie.

This Forum does not exist to create or preserve false stories, hoaxes, or misinformation.

The thread served no legitimate purpose. It added no worthwhile information to the body of knowledge on the subject. It contributed nothing to the hobby as a whole. It in fact contained false statements about specific militaria that have no place on a Forum such as this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Dienna
                    Well, yes, it was corrupted by false information.

In fact, the entire thread was premised upon a lie.

This Forum does not exist to create or preserve false stories, hoaxes, or misinformation.

The thread served no legitimate purpose. It added no worthwhile information to the body of knowledge on the subject. It contributed nothing to the hobby as a whole. It in fact contained false statements about specific militaria that have no place on a Forum such as this.
                    I totaly agree with you, but the problem is if the information is repeated in the future as correct, then there is no evidence of the corruptness of the person or what was proported to have happened. Hence the information is valuble as a disprover of the fact that these pieces were in fact made and sold as fakes.

Fred Stephens brought my attention to a statement, The purchase of a dagger constituted a considerable financial commitment for many early SA men, a sizeable proportion of whom were unemployed and suporting large families. To ease this burden on his longest-serving old guard Stabschef Rohm issuded an order on 3 Feb 1934 granting free daggers to all 135860 SA officers and men who had been members of the organisation or the Hitler Youth before 31 Dec 1931. These complimentary pieces were etched on the blade reverse with the dedication In heartfelt comradesgip Ernst Rohm. He asked, Is this the facts or the ferment of the experts mind?

Comment

Folks,

Administrative actions are never discussed in the open. This is a long standing policy which has served everyone well, avoiding a circus and tabloid atmosphere. I will say Robin was not banned for life, but if were caught in the scam that was perpetrated here, would you continue to post right away or would you take some time off?

If you have any further questions feel free to PM Gary or myself.
                      Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X