Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Germania cuff and tab question

Hello all,

I have a question as I honeslty can't figure it out on my own (I guess that's why we have this wonderful site.)

Anyhow, any SS Officer with a Germania cufftitle sewn on his uniform, would he also HAVE to have the SS2 collar patch as well, or would the regular SS collar patches be acceptable?

Please let me know either way. Thank you.

Bill Kramer
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

J would say that after 1940 standard SS-runes would be the ONLY acceptable. The tabs with 1, 2 and 3 only belonged in the time of the SS-Verfügungstruppe.

Maybe someone knows the exact date of dismissing the numbered tabs for the W-SS.

Best Jens

Originally posted by all1knew
    Hello all,

I have a question as I honeslty can't figure it out on my own (I guess that's why we have this wonderful site.)

Anyhow, any SS Officer with a Germania cufftitle sewn on his uniform, would he also HAVE to have the SS2 collar patch as well, or would the regular SS collar patches be acceptable?

Bill Kramer

Comment

Thank you

Hello again,

Thank you for the reply. I am glad to know that the standard runes could be used with a member of the Germania division.

What was Germania's main area of battle? To be frank, what did they do during the war?

Bill Kramer

Comment

"Thank you for the reply. I am glad to know that the standard runes could be used with a member of the Germania division."

The wearing of the ss 2 collar insignia would depend what type of tunic and what time frame, also germania was a regiment not a division,
        cheers,
        Gary

Comment

Germania was the second infantry regiment in the VT-Division. In 1940 It saw action in Holland; Belgium and France. In the spring of 1941 in went to Truppenübungsplatz Heuberg to be transformed and train as one of three Infantry regiments in the newly formed divison "Wiking" ( in fact this division was named Germania for one month in december 1940).
          Germania would for the end of the war belong to this divison. Wiking was part of the force thata attacked the Soviet Union in june 1941. The divison would stay at the eastern front for the rest of the war, fighting in Galizien, Ukraine, Russia, Poland, Hungary and ending the war in Austria. Wiking is by most regarded as a classic W-SS division, and one of the best in the German Armed Forces. Germania recieved in the end of the war the number 9, as the 9 th SS-Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment "Germania"

Originally posted by all1knew
          Hello again,

Thank you for the reply. I am glad to know that the standard runes could be used with a member of the Germania division.

What was Germania's main area of battle? To be frank, what did they do during the war?

Bill Kramer

Comment

Hello again

Hello again,

My story is like this. I have RK recipient Franz Hack's collar tabs.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...ght=franz+hack

At the time he was this rank I believe he was part of the Germania regiment, but as of yet I am not yet positive of this.

Anyhow I am looking for a Germania cuff for an Officer as I would simply like to display these items together.

Thank you all for the help.

William Kramer

Comment

Take care that you get then the typical cufftitle style that you need, after 39 they introduced the flatwire woven ones what would be typical fit to your collar tabs. Maybe you have the chance to check out some pictures what he was wearing. Because some officers got still the RZM ones also on their tunics in the war time.

Comment

Hi Bill I happen to have just bought the book that Hack helped compile on the Wiking Div. Great book, and congrats on your purchase of his collar tabs.
                As for a cuff title, Wiking is a very desirable title and a flatwire would cost you thousands. Why don't you do as suggested by Robert and try to get a RZM style title. Just make sure you post pic's of it on this forum before you buy it for a quick authentic check. Lots of luck, Sonny

Comment

Thanks guys

Hello again,

Yes, Hall did a nice job on the book with a nice forward from Hack. As far as the cuff goes.....I will keep my eyes open, and I don't need it right away. The three options are Germania (which I want the most) Wiking, and he ended with Westland. No rush, as I am sure it will show up sometime. Thanks again for the feedback.

William Kramer

P.S. What type of cuff would match the tabs, would it be a flatwire example that I am looking for? Please let me know either way. Thank you.

Bill

Comment

Bill,
                    I have seen these collar patches before, at that time they were not related to anyone, below are the picture i have on file
                    cheers,
                    Gary
                    Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-29-2008, 07:11 PM.

Comment

back of rank ins

Comment

runic

Comment

back

Comment

below is a thread that was posted sometime ago on this forum,

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=16635
                            Last edited by Gary Wood; 09-05-2004, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Chris Jenkins

Hello Sir,

Chris Jenkins told me that he aquired these at the same time he got the cased KC and cased oaks directly from Franz Hack. I have been known to believe most, and have been burned like us all. What do you think, and thank you very much for bringing this to my attention.

William Kramer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X