Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown collar tab insignia?

Hi Guys

Any idea what this may be?- I assume its something foreign volunteer related and looks the correct size for an SS collar tab- I found it pinned through the ribbon of an NSDAP 10 year long service medal.

Thanks for any help

Patrick
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Maybe related to Finland? Just my guess...

//Felix

Comment

a lead

It's a state insignia, by mind Thüringen?
        You can find similair insignia on officer type belt buckles I believe for State Feuerwehr or Först?

Comment

Thanks Guys and DMV- bang on your right it is Thuringia, now to work out what it was for.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dmv View Post
            It's a state insignia, by mind Thüringen?
            You can find similair insignia on officer type belt buckles I believe for State Feuerwehr or Först?
            Yes, a simular lion is shown on Thürigen state forest buckle.

Comment

I've an idea it was for police (and perhaps, fire brigade)
              Pete

Comment

Found it: Assmann catalog nr. 22251 (page 124 reprint catalog)
                described as Thüringer Wappen. No further use given to this nice little lion.

Comment

as far as known to me it was a cap badge for Thüringen and in use by forestry before the introduction of the NSDAP pattern of eagle, which later was replaced by the regular national state eagle emblem. The same lion with swastika was also in use with the forestry belt-buckle.
                  Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 12-12-2012, 01:33 PM.

Comment

I think you will also on occasion find this on the side of the RAD robin hood cap..Billbert

Comment

No. It never was as such officially authorized for the RAD-cap as a traditions cap badge.
                      Which ones were official that is all arranged in regulations! You can find them all in volume 5 for "Headgear of Hitler's Germany". Pages 387 through 441 give details.

Comment

Guys- thats awesome, many thanks indeed for the help. I was totally puzzled by it!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X