Mystery Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery Tunic

I saw this tunic at a gun show. Anyone have any idea what it is.

It is summer weight of some sort of herringbone. , minimal lining and removable buttons. Of course there is a shadow of a sleeve insignia(unknown) and looks like it had shoulder board loops at one time . Zig Zag under collar . It is also finished in a white type thread. No markings or labels. Lower slash pockets ,no french cuffs and funky collar shape almost civilian type.

Is it West / East German or civilian ? or possible SS, Kreigsmarine or other German/Nazi wartime organization?

I was only able to take a few pics with my i phone.

Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dennis S; 12-07-2012, 02:32 PM.

under collar and interior material
    Attached Files

Comment

It has some traits that remind me of the SS-VT M37 HBT tunic (bottom pockets) but no belt support holes which some M37's
      did not have either...but I still don't think its that. Buttons removable?? Do you remember Dennis?

Look at the strange narrow open neck collar...(or was the collar / lapels modified?
      That style (lapels) and V-neck could be inline with Coastal KM...a field gray KM HBT perhaps? but I am leaning more towards West German...

See link here (probably the reason why its posted in the SS section...but I still don't think that its an early M37 HBT based on the open neck collar/lapels),

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=m37

Last edited by NickG; 12-08-2012, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Yes Nick removable buttons with ring clips

Comment

Old tunic

It reminds of a drill tunic I saw in Germany that was explained to me was used for new soldaten in their basic training.Of coarse I could still be wrong but I feel this is ganuine.Sewing looks correct to me.But this is only my opinion.
          Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X