Need Some Advice On A Ss Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Some Advice On A Ss Ring

Don't know if this would be the correct Forum for it but I have been offered this SS ring which came out of the estate of an SS-officer.
    The name is known, it is the family selling it. They have asked me to make them a fair offer but I really don't have the first clue about either these rings and/or their value. I don't want to burn myself but I also don't want to burn the family.
    Any advice would be truly appreciated. Many thanks in advance!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ben; 09-01-2004, 02:14 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Ring ......

I am not one to comment on such an items, but in my view I know any ring can be reproduced by any good jeweller. True ..... ? David

Comment

In my opinion this looks like a vet-purchase after the war in sterling-silver.

J have seen similar to the Wiking and Nordland division also in Gold. To a family most would have no clue weather this is period or not.

It should say that this shouldnt be too expensive unless it comes form a very well known individual.

Jens

Comment

If they were so easy to reproduce there would be Honor rings all over the place! This rings looks like it is supposed to be made in the flat then rolled/soldered together..Looks like one piece casting though. Not something you want to spend a lot of money on unless its part of some grouping with provenance.. , G.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X