• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

band of arm SS - UNTERFÜHRERSCHULE

Hello to all,
    I have just found this band of arm
    SS - UNTERFÜHRERSCHULE .
    I ask for your opinion to know if she( is of time.
    Beforehand thanks to all the persons who are going to take time to answer me.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

The band material is all wrong and this has been artificially distressed to simulate wear.

Ian.

Comment

Yep agreed completely wrong ....
      Regards
      David

Comment

The lettering and the letter fonts look original. How do we know that this CT could not have been privately contracted when the SS divorced itself from the RZM in 1942? It could very well be an original.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Symonds View Post
          The lettering and the letter fonts look original. How do we know that this CT could not have been privately contracted when the SS divorced itself from the RZM in 1942? It could very well be an original.
          So you'd buy it then ?

The greater the number of excuses for an item the greater the chances you're conning yourself.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
            So you'd buy it then ?

The greater the number of excuses for an item the greater the chances you're conning yourself.

Ian
            Yep. I'd take that chance.

Comment

I do agree on the lettering but not with my hard-earned

Comment

Cuff Title

I think it's a fake. Base material for starters.

The embroidery appears first rate, except for one thing. Notice the seriffs on the title. Now compare them to the cuff title on the Collector's Guild website: http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Waffe...s/S012057.html

I would pass on this.

Charles Betz

Comment

Band title! IMO.

Comment

Ünterführerschule

Here you go:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Now that's a nice RZM cufftitle herr Dr.!

Rene Chavez
                      www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Chavez View Post
                        Now that's a nice RZM cufftitle herr Dr.!

Rene Chavez
                        www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com
                        No question about it, Dr. Strangelove's CT is a classic RZM machine embroidered example.

However, nobody has addressed why the faker would go to the trouble of having the extra cloth folded over on the reverse, along with the extra labor to stitch the folds together. This would eat into his profits

I had a Belgian made hand embroidered LAH CT with a similar reverse. Again, why could this not be a privatley contracted CT, made after the separation of the RZM from the WSS post 1942?

Comment

Cuff Title

"However, nobody has addressed why the faker would go to the trouble of having the extra cloth folded over on the reverse, along with the extra labor to stitch the folds together. This would eat into his profits

I had a Belgian made hand embroidered LAH CT with a similar reverse. Again, why could this not be a privatley contracted CT, made after the separation of the RZM from the WSS post 1942? "

There is no why. Fakers will go to any length to produce their product as long as there is an uninformed market for it. Why not spend an extra $2.00 when a net profit of 300%-400% can be realized? The item under discussion is this Unterofficerschule cuff title, not your Belgian LAH cuff title.

As Ian so rightly stated: "The greater the number of excuses for an item the greater the chances you're conning yourself."

But, Mr. Symonds; if you feel so positive about this piece, perhaps you and guigui can negotiate a deal. After all: "Money talks...."

Charles Betz

Comment

This one is not FLEMISH made,
                            neither Belgian.

hope this helps in your opinion,
                            Tim

Comment

ss

Very nice Dr. S !!!!

Oopa Gangman Style !!!

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X