Super fake Anti-partisan and repro SS 12-year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super fake Anti-partisan and repro SS 12-year

I would like to show these pictures that I took recently of some new fakes that I have been seeing. The Anti-partisan being a superb casting of an early solid-back style and made of zinc. The big give-away is that this one is not solid back when it should be. Still, a killer fake that is extremely close on the front. It also has one too many cut-outs.

The SS 12-year medal is made from a new die and also looks quite nice.
    The pebbling is far too straight. I didn't get a picture of the back side. If anyone has a reverse shot of this same fake, I would greatly appreciate seeing it.

Thanks!

Chris
    Attached Files

apb reverse:
    Attached Files

Comment

12-year
      Attached Files

Comment

Here you go...this 25 year version has been on good ol' Mr Snyder's site for some years now. As you say, the stippling is far too regular...also note the way that some of the letters on the reverse merge into eachother.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting these fellas! Two dangerous items to the untrained eye that for sure have already separated some collectors and their money!

I for one if in the market for either type would do some serious homework due to the fakes out there, this helps those that are.

Kev

Comment

Thank you very much, J. C. I'm glad to see that the reverse is far from the originals.

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X