Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allegemeine Question - ref infantry assault badge

Hi Guys

Thanks for reading this, I have a question I need help with, did the Allgemeine SS wear the infantry assault badge when issued on the black tunic, does anyone have pics that I could see please?

Also the pin on the back of the infantry assaulut badge is very prominante and the award sits away from the tunic when attaching is this right, or was the badge attached in some othe way to make it sit more in place ?

did they push the pin through the material?

Thanks for all your very kind help guys

Nick

Can I ask why are you asking such a question .... ?
    IMO they never wore this award on their tunic's. I cant see why they would ... ?They were not combat soldiers
    Regards
    David

Comment

Imo not but in an extremized theory could be possible someone gain the award

Comment

I am trying to put together a uniform

thanks for the replys, imtrying to put together a uniform, im new so applogise if i dont know as much as you guys do really could do with some guidance and pics please

Comment

Originally posted by nick7602 View Post
          thanks for the replys, imtrying to put together a uniform, im new so applogise if i dont know as much as you guys do really could do with some guidance and pics please
          Infantry assault badges were instituted after the black Dienst Rock went out of use officially. There are photographs of officers/officials wearing the black pre-war uniform during the war on dress/ceremonial occasions but they would usually wear the grey/field-grey uniform.

Many films (Where Eagles Dare for e.g.) seem obsessed with the SS guy wearing a black uniform, other than tank crews that would very much NOT be the case.

If you are dressing a black tunic an SA sports badge, DRL or Reiter badge would be more common things the see. Perhaps depending on the wearer's age WW1 awards would be worn.

Hope this helps you.

Ian

Comment

Ian has nailed it but the only thing I'd add is foreign SS organisations.

The Finnish, Norwegian, etc. SS organisations contained ex W-SS men who may have earned the award. These units I believe wore the black SS uniforms.

Chris.

Comment

Medals

Also, never push the pins through the material on any tunic. That is always the sign of a humped up POS.

Comment

Originally posted by chrischa View Post
                Ian has nailed it but the only thing I'd add is foreign SS organisations.

The Finnish, Norwegian, etc. SS organisations contained ex W-SS men who may have earned the award. These units I believe wore the black SS uniforms.

Chris.
                Dutch example ..
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nick7602 View Post
                  Hi Guys

Thanks for reading this, I have a question I need help with, did the Allgemeine SS wear the infantry assault badge when issued on the black tunic, does anyone have pics that I could see please?

Also the pin on the back of the infantry assaulut badge is very prominante and the award sits away from the tunic when attaching is this right, or was the badge attached in some othe way to make it sit more in place ?

did they push the pin through the material?

Thanks for all your very kind help guys

Nick
                  Award loops would be added to place the award on the pocket. Combat badges were never directly pinned to the tunics

Comment

Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
                    Dutch example ..
                    Lovely example

Comment

Thanks Guys

Thanks Guys

Superb help from you all, and very very interesting

Nick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X