MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do all the untouched cufftitles come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do all the untouched cufftitles come from?

1. Given all the current excitement, kindly don't get get me wrong and think I'm trying to cast doubt on authentic SS items.

2. My question asked out of nothing more than interest in the answer & without an agenda:

Why do I see so many SS cufftitles for sale that look like they've never been on a uniform, and so very few that look like they did indeed come off a uniform?

I would have thought that vets would have collected them off uniforms as much as eagles or collar tabs etc - but like I said, I haven't seen many that look like they've ever been applied?

Or have I just not been looking hard enough?

Cheers,
    Peter

Greetings Peter,

Most of the cufftitles come from storage depots, especially once Germany capitulated, G.I's surely took a lot of these souvenirs back home. Dachau had a lot of SS cloth items that are all over the place now for sale.

Comment

But the Dachau ss cloth items are fake in fact, don't you read the ss forum?
      The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

But I have never heard or seen in descriptions tem like "Dachau cuff title".

Comment

I haven't seen that many cufftitles sold as being part of the Dachau loot either.

Forget the Dachau issue; compared to e.g. collartabs, where you do see worn, mint and Dachau items, it's almost like my question should be, 'why are there so few worn cufftitles for sale' rather than 'why so many unworn'.

And there I was thinking I could ask the question without it getting lost in the current excitement... argh

Comment

Originally posted by Theodor
            Would you be so kind to show us the thread at least on the Dachau issue

Comment

Well ... I think that unworn cuff titles had more chances to survive the war since they were in stocks and were taken for souvenirs with no problems. Worn and issued cuff titles were mostly on tunics and overcoats. I guess not every SS soldier nor officer agreed to share his cuff title as war souvenir with invaders, more over - right after a lot of SS uniforms were destoyed by owners to hide connection with SS.

Comment

...From ...Marc Verstraete...???

Pieter.
                SUUM CUIQUE ...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Theodor

Hey if you have nothing constructed to say, say nothing its not funny

Regards,
                  Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Besian B.
                    Would you be so kind to show us the thread at least on the Dachau issue
                    Use the search function on the forum and type in the word Dachau
                    cheers,
                    Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood
                      Use the search function on the forum and type in the word Dachau
                      cheers,
                      Gary
                      Thanks for the tip Gary, but I tried the search and came up with nothing concrete to back up our friend's theory that the Dachau items are fake, thats why I was wondering where Theodor based his statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Pieter Verbruggen
                        ...From ...Marc Verstraete...???

Pieter.
                        Ammaai Pieterke
                        Still waiting for that nice cheese-head cuff
                        sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

OK that starts to make sense. I *think* I've read about groups of W-SS being told (or at least allowed) by their officers to remove their cufftitles/SS insignia before attempting to surrender without getting killed out of hand.

Is that correct?

That would at least account for rarity of cufftitles - although I admit it still makes me wonder why I see more worn SS rune collartabs and eagles than cufftitles. Or maybe I'm factually wrong there, and it just looks like that to me.

Does anybody have any tunic-worn cufftitles they'd like to show?

P.S. John/Marc - vanuit Australie (en de VS durf ik te wedden) gezien is lijkt dat Nederland vs. Belgiƫ gedoe op een familiegevecht

Alhoewel ik er wel lol aan heb, kan ik merken dat vrijwel niemand hier het begrijpt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X