demjanskbattlefield

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinion on this "Deutschland" cufftitle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion on this "Deutschland" cufftitle?

Hello Friends! What is your opinion on this "Deutschland" cufftitle? Looks this good or not? Thanks and regards, Guido
    Attached Files

IMO ...letters are too narrow
    Last edited by biohazard69; 11-19-2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Who elso have seen an original Rzm Deutschland cuff in Gothic like this?
      I have not!

Fake!

//Felix

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
        Who elso have seen an original Rzm Deutschland cuff in Gothic like this?
        I have not!

Fake!

//Felix
        I haven't either

Comment

Here are two more photos.
          Attached Files

Comment

And another photo.
            Attached Files

Comment

this one is good...
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard69 View Post
                this one is good...
                No, its a fake as well.

//Felix

Comment

Cuff Title

I am troubled by the incompleteness of the letter "u" in the cuff presented for discussion. Is it a manufacturing defect? The rest of the cuff seems to be good. It has the proper seriffs, which past fakes have not had. Is this a new fake on the market? I'm not sure about this one.

I agree with Felix that the cuff posted by Biohazard69 is a fake. See http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=83489&page=16 post 240.

Here are four exampless. The first two are from Ulric of Englands SS and Political Cuffbands, 1998, Pages 10 and 28.

Number 3 is from Angolia's Cloth insignia of the SS, 1989, Page 293.

Number 4 is from Gordon Williamson's German Miltary Cuffbands, 1784-Present, Page 186.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by C. Betz; 11-19-2012, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Another from Ulric of England.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Angolia's Cloth Insignia of the SS.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Gordon Williamson's German Military Cuffbands 1784-Present.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by C. Betz View Post
                          I am troubled by the incompleteness of the letter "u" in the cuff presented for discussion. Is it a manufacturing defect? The rest of the cuff seems to be good. It has the proper seriffs, which past fakes have not had. Is this a new fake on the market? I'm not sure about this one.

I agree with Felix that the cuff posted by Biohazard69 is a fake. See http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=83489&page=16 post 240.

Here are four exampless. The first two are from Ulric of Englands SS and Political Cuffbands, 1998, Pages 10 and 28.

Number 3 is from Angolia's Cloth insignia of the SS, 1989, Page 293.

Number 4 is from Gordon Williamson's German Miltary Cuffbands, 1784-Present, Page 186.
                          There are many more differences than just "u" if you compare it with the original example shown in the books that you posted. There were variations of Deutchland cuff title but this cuff does not match any known (to me) original examples.

Comment

Thank you for your opinion and help. Kind regards, Guido

Comment

deutschland

I really think this is a original cufftitle , band material is real , embroidery is typical of period. If this band was stretched tight the lettering would be more uniform. On these cotton embroidery types letter width can vary considerably. The earlier patterns seem as a rule to be thicker, as to shape I think it falls into accepted guidelines . I believe this one to be a earlier pattern. Another argument to be made is if it was a repro , why use the common "Deutschland" why not "Brandenburg" or Oberbayern or ?? you get where I am going.... I
                              jim
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X