Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wodden SS box for Mein Kampf

Hello everyone,

I know these can be controversial but I would appreciate your thoughts on this one please. It was part of a nice SS grouping which turned up at a little antique store just around the corner.

Many thanks!
    Klaus

From pics it looks ok to me.

You need to elaboarate with what it was found and cost please. Was it cheap, expensive, or fair, etc.

Comment

Looks fine and has what you want to see on one of these. What else was in the grouping?

Comment

Thanks guys!

I couldn´t see anything wrong with it too.
        There really is a lot of stuff. It is the entire life of a SS man I should say. Photos, documents, IDs, etc.. Civil, political, military. A great lot!

Comment

I sure we'd all like to hear if there's any documentation included that provides a provenance for this box.
          Jim

Comment

Carving and construction looks excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by butschekantiques View Post
              Thanks guys!

I couldn´t see anything wrong with it too.
              There really is a lot of stuff. It is the entire life of a SS man I should say. Photos, documents, IDs, etc.. Civil, political, military. A great lot!
              That's nice to hear. I guess they don't just turn up on the British isles like some naysayers would have you believe.

Comment

There are no naysayers.

There are simply people who face the facts.

Comment

Hi,

Klaus, do you know if a Mein Kampf included in the lot ?
                  Also was the guy part of some veteran associations after the war ? Did you find some infos about it ?

See You

Vince

Comment

I hope to find a nice example of one of these boxes for a decent price because of the current climate of doubt. If the doubt is ever removed due to the discovery of documentation or pictures the value will certainly be impacted. I know of one collector/dealer up here that acquired one for $800 out of the woodwork, and that's the kind of find I'd like to have...

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                      I hope to find a nice example of one of these boxes for a decent price because of the current climate of doubt. If the doubt is ever removed due to the discovery of documentation or pictures the value will certainly be impacted. I know of one collector/dealer up here that acquired one for $800 out of the woodwork, and that's the kind of find I'd like to have...

You need to find the guy who is carving them still and you can prob get one for 200$

Comment

Thanks for your comments.

No, there was no Mein Kampf. But I wouldn´t wonder if this was taken out of the grouping and sold separately. I will post some pictures of that grouping next week. No problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
                          From pics it looks ok to me.

You need to elaboarate with what it was found and cost please. Was it cheap, expensive, or fair, etc.
                          Are you for real? You want a dealer to disclose how much he payed for it? Lol...Johnno.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                            There are no naysayers.

There are simply people who face the facts.
                            I don't see how you can be so sure of that. They could absolutely be faked, but there is no great reason to think that there couldn't have been originals as well. I would say that the jury is still out as to these existing pre 45.

Comment

Nice example of an original.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X