Gypsies at Tulsa Show again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gypsies at Tulsa Show again!

They Gypsies or "Irish Travellers" struck hard at this past weekends Tulsa show, fortunately someone at the entrance was more than happy to buy everything they had, protecting the rest of us militaria collectors. Piles of stuff behind table,,all of it horribly bad.

http://relicsofthereichs.com/uniforms.htm

I didn,t know you had Gypsies in America, they must have amphibious
    caravans now
    Mametz

Comment

Tulsa

Oh yes we have them, they always show up at Tulsa with rare SS items,,,mandatory fake German Cross,,,,,always with a story. They took a guy at Show of Shows last year for a bundle

Comment

Yep, there was a male Gypsie at the Wichita Military Show a couple of weeks ago trying to peddle a fake Knights Cross and a German Cross. He got them from a vet of course and he had them in a frame so you could not see the back or take them out. Of course one did not have to examine them closely to see they were both fake. There were also two females who were shoplifting smalls off the tables with one distracting the seller while the other palmed items.

It is always nice to have your faith in humans confirmed.

Comment

Some help here for those who are ignorant .(search site, and internet also)

http://www.fraudtech.org/news_link09_1.htm

They have now moved into shows, and to this forum as clandestine members. Check the mail fraud section on the link, and I encourage all to read every section to help you educate yourselves that are completely unaware .

If you have watched the gypsey shows on TV you can recognize them , as they have a look easy to spot. Although different tribes across the world are slightly different in looks, being sharp at spotting fakes is enough to notice the scams at gun shows, and to encourage collectors to take lots of cell phone photos of people selling outside will find many are gypsys (sellers that are outside with fast deals,if photographed especially if you choose to whip out the I phone while listening to the deal offered will supply many hints you are just a mark, and to buy a sony mini hd camcorder , or flip MINO the size of a cigarette pack is always a valuable weapon to record their antics for evidence and future reference right in their faces .) To do that will help many here to post their photos from here on , so with a united front of collectors working together for obvious reasons, they can be spotted to call the local police to have them arrested or removed from shows. Dealers will have to use their own surveillance cameras hidden on tables to catch them stealing, but video proof always trumps their stories .
          I have dealt with gypsies before, and although they are friendly when they want you to work for them or give them money for something ,they are basicly violent when confronted or caught, and will put em up at a moments notice.
          This site will give those who are ignorant a beginning to search for more information online,as even the DOJ has posted a good site about their actions .. but beware they have beggar sites where they want donations, lauding their culture. I'm sure you will all want to contribute to them your hard earned money , and I'm sure many will feel sorry for them to just want to give them a couple hundred just because, but for those who will continue to allow greed to think you are getting a steal , will continue to purchase their crapola quickly with lightning urgency instead of asking other collectors with more experience for advice (as they usually have told you there is another guy who they are going to take it to if you aren't fast to snag such a good deal) thinking they may lose such a bargain. Personally I have no axes to grind with them,as i do not buy that way ever, but I can spot em a mile away, and walk around them and pay no nevermind to their offerings . Good luck to all, and be careful they tend to break into vehicles also at shows, so do not keep anything valuable in your car or truck , unless they have excellent parking lot security , and even then they are good at what they do if not under constant surveillance. Ps. ALL shows in every country are included in their game,do no think because you live in another country , you are immune to possible gypsey fraud.
          Last edited by juoneen; 11-15-2012, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Flanagan View Post
            They Gypsies or "Irish Travellers" struck hard at this past weekends Tulsa show, fortunately someone at the entrance was more than happy to buy everything they had, protecting the rest of us militaria collectors. Piles of stuff behind table,,all of it horribly bad.

http://relicsofthereichs.com/uniforms.htm
            which of the grouping on that site you are talking about Steve?
            thank you

Comment

He really got taken---the HG LW and the "purple-piped" SS are both common Latvian fakes.
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Tulsa

Visor caps, overseas caps,,,knights cross,,,just browse its a learning and enlightening experience. Had piles behind his tables,,,should have bought a reference book or two prior to attending

Comment

Wow - unreal. I never thought I would read something like this. Reference books are an obligatory part of collecting these days with such vast numbers of fakes. I'm sure a lot of us - including myself - have made the mistake of purchasing something before checking.

Comment

Tulsa

This was a very expensive lesson for Mike Morris. The Gypsies are probably erecting a statue in his honor in downtown Gypsyville!

Comment

Tulsa

This is funny, calling them Gypsies is not PC I have heard, so how about
                      "Eastern European Nomadic Traders"

Comment

Hmmm

Hmm, gypsies, Irish travellers, Scottish travellers. Makes you yearn for some of that old time western justice of Judge Roy Bean. West and east of the Pecos.

Comment

Roma

I call them Roma, I don't know where that falls on the PC Meter, but Wheeeeee I don't care.

Comment

Let's see if I get this:
                            We're expected to be politically correct while engaging in a hobby that's about as far from being politically correct as one can get??
                            Jim

Comment

I can recall the Gypsies at the Tulsa Show some 10+ years ago. My recollection is that (at that time) the scam was to have a younger guy (say in his 30's) come in with an old cigar box filled with common WWII German stuff (original), with a fake DK or RK mixed in. The guy would walk the show with a story about how his grandfather brought the stuff back. Eventually some eager dealer would buy the box for 40%-50% of the reasonable retail value of originals, only to later find out about the fake high-end items mixed with the common originals.

So Mike Morris bought from the Gypsies . . . . . interesting.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X