Cultural item NSDAP OR SS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cultural item NSDAP OR SS ?

Hi every one. I have a chance to may be buy this dirctly from the vets family. This is some thing I know nothing about . So first what was it for and what would be a fair offer for it ? Thank you for any help.
    Attached Files

pic.
    Attached Files

Comment

More pics.
      Attached Files

Comment

I see nothing TR related really.

Comment

The end must be near; I agree with Thorsten.

Comment

All the owner said was that a family member brought it back from Germany right after the war. They did not say any thing about it being military related. There so much fake stuff out there it ruins the good pieces like this. But thank you.
            Last edited by David Guist; 11-04-2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by David Guist View Post
              There so much fake stuff out there it ruins the good pieces like this. But thank you.
              I think it may be a contemporary item based on its construction. As said, it has nothing to do with the TR or Germany for that matter. Perhaps the seller got the story or item confused. Also, this item has nothing to do with fake stuff. Its not a fake of anything.

Comment

Correct what ever it is its an original antique.

Comment

Hi David, Did they tell you what they wanted for it? if not , unless you really like it, I think under $100 would be ok to offer for it,,since its not TR marked and the finish has worn off the eagle, that would be JMO

Best
                  Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                    I think it may be a contemporary item based on its construction. As said, it has nothing to do with the TR or Germany for that matter. Perhaps the seller got the story or item confused. Also, this item has nothing to do with fake stuff. Its not a fake of anything.
                    I agree with Peter and most all else said.

As realone said: Under $100 bucks would be ok if you like it. It has the potential of possibly being "considered" representative of a general aesthectic point of view that could be stated as being seen during the TR era or before-PERHAPS.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X