Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

machine embroidered officer cuff

dear sirs,

I just got hold on a machine embroidered officer LAH cuff in de CG-auction. I've seen only three examples of this type of cuff and all of them were LAH. Were there other machine embroidered W-SS officer cuffs made for other units than the LAH?

Thanks for your time.

Greetings
    Ton

cuff

nobody?

Comment

Perhaps it would help if you posted a photo of your's so we can tell what you mean ?

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
        Perhaps it would help if you posted a photo of your's so we can tell what you mean ?

Ian
        "Scarce example of the sleeveband for officers/leaders of the Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler. The lettering is machine embroidered in bullion, rather than the more often seen hand embroidered bullion or flatwire types. 7 wire borders and the band retains one of its RZM labels on the untrimmed end. The sleeveband was worn on a tunic and the other end of the band is trimmed. Some of the thread that had been used to sew the cufftitle to the tunic is still present. The sleeveband shows light use and age only and has remained in very fine condition. This Cufftitle is 15 1/2 inches long."

# of bids: 13
        price : $1,225.00

http://www.cgmauctions.com/detail.asp?id=2099

Comment

Never seen one like this before, but I do not collect LAH.
          But what I do react on is the kind of strange backing material on the reverse.
          That reminds about modern fakes.

Can you post another example as reference?

//Felix

Comment

There were a whole host of similar woven ones around in the 70's .. they were fakes and had the yellow fake 4 or 5 digit labels on. I had a 'Germania' one ... swapped it for an inert pineapple grenade and a W.German M43.

That isn't a comment on this particular item, I'm not at all sure about it either way.

Ian

Comment

cuff

Okay, thanks for the answers.
              That's the cuff on the CG-auction allright!
              I wasn't that sure for my self, but as I allready mentioned I've seen three of these and all of them were Leibstandarte.
              Strange that there are none of them for other units???
              Well, Craigg offers a lifetime guarantee and he is a member of the WAF, so if the overall verdict on this forum would be a I contact him on this deal.
              Anyone else seen this type?

Thanks again. The search goes on!

Comment

cuff

Sorry Felix and Ian,

no other pictures available. I saw the other examples a few years ago on a militaria-show here in Europe. Had not seen theme before. They had also paper RZM-tags and were full length.
                Hope this works out good

greets

Comment

For what it's worth this type isn't mentioned or illustrated in the Bando/Beaver book.

Ian

Comment

Ct

Everyones stumped because the band material looks correct, the tag is real and the style of the embroidery is very good. Has this thread been used on any other type of TR embroidery??? Anywhere? We've all seen it woven, but embroidered? Maybe? Anyone know? Luft cuff titles maybe?

Comment

I have never heard or seen this style of lah officer cuffband before either,
                      will be interested to hear more on this band if others have knowledge on this type
                      wisches

Comment

Originally posted by wisches View Post
                        I have never heard or seen this style of lah officer cuffband before either,
                        will be interested to hear more on this band if others have knowledge on this type
                        wisches
                        Gottlieb usually relies on Dave Delich for authenticating his SS insignia ... I wonder what he will have to say.

Comment

cuff

Well, it would be a great find if this is a new (unknown) cuffpatern from period WW II!
                          Still hope this goes the in the right direction.

gr

Comment

from: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=327873

Originally posted by Bekora View Post
                            Hi, Guys!
                            I'm posting this for a friend of mine please, your opinion, original or not?

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                            I am not aware of an original Adolf Hitler cuff title machine embroidered in the fine metallic wire. As far as I am concerned, the only original cuff title that is made this way is the SS-Postschutz officer title.

In my opinion, the above cuff title is post-war.

Bob hritz
                            SS-Postschutz Officer Cuff Title: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=305630

Comment

This is a first for me too.
                              In the manufacturing of such a title it wouldn't
                              take too much to replace a standard thread with a
                              officer silver thread?
                              If original, then why haven't we seen a few more.
                              I do have a officer runic tab silver embroided.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X