Julschmuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Julschmuck

I know december is coming, but man who of you guys are going crazy right now on Julschmuck?!

Originally posted by Dmv View Post
    I know december is coming, but man who of you guys are going crazy right now on Julschmuck?!
    Yeah... the near 600.00 euro box of shiny kitsch. Crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
      Yeah... the near 600.00 euro box of shiny kitsch. Crazy!
      ...while Weitzel wrote not to put that sort of things in the tree, but stick to apples, nuts and candles...much cheaper!

Comment

and this beautifull set sold for EUR 706.00 Approximately US $915.26

Worthy to be posted here for all you cultural lovers!
        Let's hope they don't break during shippment!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160901618419...84.m1423.l2649
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Dmv; 10-24-2012, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

more schmuck

Was researching these a bit and found some more:

A nice box of Volkalit julschmuck:
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=julschmuck

Julschmuck in a museum and Micheal's tree:
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...schmuck&page=2
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Dmv; 05-08-2014, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Never saw these white glass ones before...

auction:
                  http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/au...7/lot-21406092
                  Attached Files

Comment

http://spielzeugauktion.de/index.php...rie=90&seite=8
                    Attached Files

Comment

scroll a bit down
                      http://www.merrytheschristmascollection.be/glamis.htm

Comment

two different philosophical thoughts on this category of collecting

I wonder if who ever is 'supposedly' tossing that much dough around has any real idea what this stuff is, who (Volkalit) it was really for, and if any actual affiliation with ANY governmental or military organizations was a fact, or provable .

Does anyone do any real research of their own?
                        or is it all from assumptions from basically totally undocumented websites ?

this also makes me think again about creating one's own vision as to what to collect ,that is not really exposed/bandied about on collectors sites and keeping it to yourself so you can afford collecting it.
                        If as a collector, the greatest joy is enjoyment in the items one is enamored of, then the lesser joy of sharing becomes something to sacrifice for the continued ability to afford collecting.
                        Personally I find that things I used to look for , once anyone (myself or others) make a big deal about them, I inevitably end up stopping pursuing them-and moving on.

just some thoughts...

by the way : this image is from what I believe to be to two different non -Volkalit holidayschmuck....
                        Happy hunting....as I have quit hunting them .
                        Attached Files

Comment

Indeed: Happy hunting!

Some great sets of fine Julschmuck visable here.

Comment

Germanische Weltschau

Fair enough Michael, only posting photo’s and links doesn’t give an explanation regarding to use. Below is what I learned, but please feel free to correct me.

It’s about creating a new religion and simultaneously making christmass unchristian.
                            Celebrating the shortest day regarding to sunlight and the fact that the sun will shine longer after that day: Julfest or Sonnewende (21st december).
                            (also symbolised by switching the candles from within to the top of the Julleuchter)
                            The tree ”Lichterbaum” is an important symbol and was supposed to be decorated with nuts, apples and with old germanic symbols (not all are runes!) as this “Julschmuck” shows, to remember the Germanic descent. This instead of the christian bells, angels and stars. The cover of the box in post 9 says it all, freely translated: “lively past from Germanic ancient”
                            My short explanation doesn’t do justice to all the explanation and symbols, and as a period document, the Vorweihnachten calander says:
                            “Mit kurzer Erklärung lasst sich die Tiefe der ahnenüberkommenen Sinnbilder einer Germanische Weltschau nicht fassen; wir wollen ihr aber nachspüren, wenn sie goldglänzend und von uns gefertigt den lebensgrünen Weihnachtsbaum schmücken”.

I didn’t find much on the Vokalit brand, apparently it’s made by Waldmann & Hahn, Berlin.
                            When translated it means something like “Wohlklang or Stimmhaftigkeit” (melodiousness or harmony)??
                            But perhaps it’s a name made out of abbreviations?
                            Any info on the name and producers are welcome!

Regarding the ”affiliation with ANY governmental or military organizations was a fact, or provable”.
                            Die Feier and the Fritz Weitzels SS Family book for example both mention how to celebrate these festivities, but so does the Vorweihnachten calender for civilians, which I believe was NSDAP published. So for me it’s NS culture for anyone who wanted to go with that.
                            A nice side discussion would be if this Vokalit schmuck is in line with the NS philosophy, since the books I have seen mention fruits of nature (nuts, apples) or hand made (wood or bread) symbols, but not glass balls. So would this be a smart move from a christmass ball producer to stay in business?

For me collecting is not only about owning items for my eyes only, but also to share them with others and learn from eachother through sites like this. I agree that the “negative” side effect is that items get more attention and thus more people hunting them…
                            Last edited by Dmv; 05-09-2014, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Nice material DMV .Thanks for sharing

Etienne

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X