X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Hammered...........

.........on a Saturday night.
    Attached Files

Last edited by Rick Research; 09-01-2004, 07:36 PM.

Comment

I love that picture.

Comment

The second and third guys to the left look like they could be twins...I wonder if all of these guys are brothers.

There is another shot of 5 guys from the 13th SS-"Handschar" Division who are all brothers...I wonder if these are the same guys?

Nice picture Robin.

John

Comment

The above photo is featured in the book Himmler's Bosnian Division. The men are members of the signal battalion. They are identified by last name from left as Schroer, Krüger, Droste, Fleischmann, and Schuster.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew138
            The above photo is featured in the book Himmler's Bosnian Division. The men are members of the signal battalion. They are identified by last name from left as Schroer, Krüger, Droste, Fleischmann, and Schuster.
            That is very interesting as most of the men in the picture are enlisted men with German last names. I have always thought the enlisted men in this division were Bosnians while the officers and NCO's were German...interesting photographic study.

Comment

Originally posted by militarybuyer
              That is very interesting as most of the men in the picture are enlisted men with German last names. I have always thought the enlisted men in this division were Bosnians while the officers and NCO's were German...interesting photographic study.
              Probably because they are a signal unit and need tospeak German.
              I used to know a handschar officer (died last year) who was always frustrated that translators were neded to talk to the men.

All the best
              Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X