Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on this dot 44

Hi all!
    I am posting this dot44 for member Norwegian. Several collectors have seen it but they cant agree if it's a original or not, so Norwegian would like to get some opinions form you guys. The eagle is added later.
    Cheers
    Olav
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Olav; 10-10-2004, 01:26 PM.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Olav; 10-10-2004, 01:27 PM. Reason: deliting pics

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The jacket and boards are reproductions, IMO.... I would say possibly by Janke

The eagle looks good though!!

Glenn
        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Janke had the 7 with the slash going though it.The boards look bad too.

Comment

Sorry, It's a Janke ...(check the number "7" with the horizontal line).

However, they got the ghosting effect right.
            Regards,
            Tony

Comment

Janke .....

yes it definitely is a Janke ...... David

Comment

So what happens if Janke starts stamping in a 7 without the horrizontal bar?
                JL

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Loup
                  So what happens if Janke starts stamping in a 7 without the horrizontal bar?
                  JL
                  There are other things Janke does wrong as well in the construction, not only the stampings. I don't think it would be wise to discuss them in a public forum if you know what I mean .

Glenn
                  "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

yup..I concur and IMHO all the insignia, adler included are repro's

Comment

tun

Not to pile on, but a a classic Janke.
                      Sorry

Marty
                      I love the beach.

Comment

Janke ....

I dont suppose anyone has a large size Janke 44 Dot panzer wrap they might like to part with ...? David

Comment

For member Norwegian, I am saying thank you for all your replies!

Olav

Comment

Thanks for the help folks....
                            So its the "7" thats wrong if im correct? But didn`t Janke use original clothing on their uniforms, and can you with 100% certantie say that this is an modern copy? Many well known collectors have seen it, and could not find anything wrong with it. Also sponsors to this forum have seen it, and could not se anything wrong just looking on the pics(not these pics) Im not saying you are wrong, but isn`t posible that there were use of that type of "7" like the one in my jacket? After all, why would janke make such a great copy and do a small mistake like the "7" stmap? And where was it not many factories that made such tunics?

Im not doubthing your expertice, but just want more "meat on the bone"

Thanks for the interest!

Cheers
                            Øyvind

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X