SS First Model Helmet Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS First Model Helmet Cover

Hello, just joined this particular forum and glad to be here. While my emphasis currently is on U.S. helmets, I did collect a number of TR items way back when. Been out of the loop in this area for a while and was looking for some updated info on some of what I have. Here is a first pattern SS cover I picked up about 12 years ago and was looking for some honest opinions on it. Of course it was sold as original, and I'm sure you guys see these all the time, but what do you guys think. All comments are welcome and if more pictures are needed just ask. Thanks
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, bad IMO.

Comment

Agreed .

Cut from a Zelt .

owen

Comment

Jose!

No Jose, but Jesus...I am leaving out the Daggers and locking up my Zelts !!

Comment

Thanks for the comments and clarification. One more question for you guys on this since I've been out of the TR collecting. Is a repro cover made from a real SS zelt worth anything ? Thanks again for the comments.

Comment

Chuckles

Originally posted by pump 150 View Post
                    Thanks for the comments and clarification. One more question for you guys on this since I've been out of the TR collecting. Is a repro cover made from a real SS zelt worth anything ? Thanks again for the comments.
                    Only it Italy, at the moment.

Comment

Note the row of stitch lines which make no sense on a helmet cover

Comment

I think I might have owned this cover and sold it. I bought it from Atthefront.com as a reproduction made from original zelt material. I sold it the same way a few years back for $300??? I think?

Comment

Sorry just read the description more closely. Maybe the one I owned was from the same zelt and maker.

Comment

If bought at ATF then it was around $300 350 and sold to reenactors who wanted a upgrade.

And they are great for that.

They use damaged Zelts for this.

Dr ,
                            you are on fire.

Comment

Yep, I noticed that stitch line too! Thanks again for the info much appreciated.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X