SS Woolen Armband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Woolen Armband

Throwing the same old questions into cyberspace. Real or Fake? Can I have some opinions on this armband please?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Weedy; 08-22-2004, 05:18 AM.

Hi everyone, for some reason I can't post pictures...and the reason was I was using too high a resolution. Silly me. Here's picture 2.

Originally posted by Weedy
    Throwing the same old questions into cyberspace. Real or Fake? Can I have some opinions on this armband please?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Weedy; 08-22-2004, 05:20 AM.

Comment

steve,
      try putting one picture per post in this thread, i have problems myself when i try to list more than one picture per reply
      cheers,
      gary

Comment

Cheers Gary. Here's pic 3.
        Originally posted by Gary Wood
        steve,
        try putting one picture per post in this thread, i have problems myself when i try to list more than one picture per reply
        cheers,
        gary
        Attached Files

Comment

Pic 4.
          Attached Files

Comment

Pic 6.
            Originally posted by Weedy
            Pic 4.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Weedy!

I am not sure to what level of quality the fakes of these have risen
              to over the last years, but I can imagine it's pretty good. But I like
              the look of your armband. If it is as thick and heavy as it looks from
              these pics, I'd say it has a great chance of being a good one. I had
              one a few years back and it was constructed almost identically to
              yours and used the same materials. It did not have the stamp on the
              front but did have some moth holes.

Comment

Is the tag machine sewn on or hand sewn on?
                cheers,
                Gary

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for checking this out. The armband is quite thick and heavy and quite dark in colour. It's got the usual staining on the roundel but no moth holes.
                  However, this doesn't show on the photos but there are minute traces of what may be glue in the folds of the swaztika arms. Is this normal?

With regards to the tag, although the spaces between stiches are fairly even it appears hand sewn...but only on three sides. The bottom edge has no stitching at all.

Steve

Originally posted by Gary Wood
                  Is the tag machine sewn on or hand sewn on?
                  cheers,
                  Gary

Comment

hi guys,
                    is it my monitor or are the threads that hold the white disc and black strips different colour on the outside than the inside, best regards. mark.

Comment

Hi Weedy , please don't get angry with me but I think you have a very very good repro. In fact scary.
                      I think the red wool is just a bit too bright red, the ones I like are more blood red, and the hand sewn tag, as Gary questioned, does not make sense to me. The good news is that you could lift the tag to look at the underside since it's only sewn on three sides. In one of the texts on SS items there's a pic of how the reverse of that tag looks. I'll try to find that book for you.
                      Lastly I have no idea why there's a stamp on the outside of this type of armband I've seen them on the inside.
                      Well I hope someone comes along and tells me I'm wrong, Sonny

Comment

Hi Mark,

No it's not your monitor the threads are red on the inside of the armband and black (strips) and white (roundel) on the outside.

Cheers

Steve

Originally posted by xxx03
                        hi guys,
                        is it my monitor or are the threads that hold the white disc and black strips different colour on the outside than the inside, best regards. mark.

Comment

The quality is there. If this was a fake, it would fool me. I think it's good.

Comment

Hi Weedy, there's a front and back of that tag in Hayes' book on SS Uniforms and Insignia page 73. See if you could get a peek of he reverse. Sonny

Comment

Hi Sonny,

I haven't got access to Hayes' book, so I am unable to compare the tags. It will be very difficult to see the reverse of the tag without removing stitching, but I will try to do that and send a picture. Here is another armband of similar construction that I am having verified too. Just for info, the red on this armband is a little brighter. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=63563

Cheers, Weedy..
                              Originally posted by Sonny
                              Hi Weedy, there's a front and back of that tag in Hayes' book on SS Uniforms and Insignia page 73. See if you could get a peek of he reverse. Sonny

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X