Obergruppenführer tabs at next HH auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obergruppenführer tabs at next HH auction

At the next HH auction is an nice pair of SS Obergruppenführer tabs for sale.
    Are they or ??

I think the look pretty good but I'm not an expert.

Cheers,
    steiner99
    Attached Files

Here the set.
    Attached Files

Comment

B.A.D... and bad as bad can be...

//Felix

Comment

P.s I am sorry for all of those who wanted an explaination if bad or good and reasons why. I will not give it. If you feel insulted by this, please complain to the mods. I do not wish to sound like a smart ass, because I am not, but there is no question.

Kill me if you need to. (or feel free to get good advice)

Best
        //Felix
        Last edited by Felix; 09-21-2012, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Collar Tabs

First, these tabs are the second pattern, 1942 type for Gruppenfuhrer. I agree with Felix, these are reproductions. Key in SS Generals Collar Tabs in the "Search" function. Pay particular attention to this thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...AR+TABS&page=3

Charles Betz
          Last edited by C. Betz; 09-21-2012, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Steiner99, again no wish o sound like jesus, but have you done a search on fake SS generals tabs? I have done in the past and spent quite a few hours doing so. What did I find? Well, yes, clear examples of fakes and originals. Again, I am not going to master you because I feel no need to. It gives me nothing. Honstely though, if you spend an hour or two studying the subject, you would have found out. They are clear fakes.

What does this tell? To some this will mean I am a forum pest because i do not clarify why they are fakes. Possibly some will agree that is is rather obvious.

Sorry man to make an example of this.

//Felix

P.s Please post more items in the future, but a bit of pre study wont do any harm

Comment

Felix, no problem, you did not need to explain me why they are fake. And you in right, I have not study pictures of the different between original SS general tabs and repros.
              The problem is a lot of SS general tabs are so called original but they are in real postwar. Of course everybody say "mine are okay".
              The only way is to compare SS tabs with original SS general photos.

Cheers,
              steiner99

Comment

Hermann Historica made auctions with fake items!!!!????
                Good to know!!
                May be is the Crisis???
                Gian.

Comment

Compare the detail to the pair Craig Gottlieb has posted. The quality and perfection are clear.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=621640

Bob Hritz
                  In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                    P.s I am sorry for all of those who wanted an explaination if bad or good and reasons why. I will not give it. If you feel insulted by this, please complain to the mods. I do not wish to sound like a smart ass, because I am not, but there is no question.

Kill me if you need to. (or feel free to get good advice)

Best
                    //Felix
                    ...I won't kill youand I will not tell you why
                    Pieter
                    SUUM CUIQUE ...
                    sigpic

Comment

Entcheidung

I, also, have not decided to kill Felix. He seems a nice sort with a very wise opinion.

Comment

It seems to me that even the best auction houses have serious difficulties in getting honest stuff in nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                          It seems to me that even the best auction houses have serious difficulties in getting honest stuff in nowadays.
                          I've seen quite a few dodgy H.J. items sold there. Look at the past auctions, a lot of H.J. uniforms with missmatched insignia sold as original and bought by those that don't know the strap numbers and area triangle are corresponding and need to match. Also several H.J. metal insignia items that are for sure repro or fantasy items. If they are that careless with H.J. items I can only imagine the SS stuff. Know your items as always before you spend your money.

Comment

Originally posted by Darin S. View Post
                            I've seen quite a few dodgy H.J. items sold there. Look at the past auctions, a lot of H.J. uniforms with missmatched insignia sold as original and bought by those that don't know the strap numbers and area triangle are corresponding and need to match. Also several H.J. metal insignia items that are for sure repro or fantasy items. If they are that careless with H.J. items I can only imagine the SS stuff. Know your items as always before you spend your money.
                            ...this is the rule for everything...you don't take your car on the road if you don't know how to drive it...
                            Pieter.
                            SUUM CUIQUE ...
                            sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if these tabs were the same ones bought by a friend of mine from Hermann-Historica a year ago approx.

He had a very hard time returning those.

Supposedly they had come from the "MOLLO" collection and were as bad as can be....

Markus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X