Question for the SS thread I am selling on e-stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the SS thread I am selling on e-stand

Don't really know if the pictures will show up but someone suggested I run this pass the forum for authenticity. Thanks

If it looks like this, then it is questionable:
    Attached Files
    Regards,
    Chris

Always interested in buying Ribbon Bars or anything Ribbon Bar related!!

Comment

well, I suppose I may have been holding onto repro thread all this time? That hurts

Originally posted by Chris Taylor
      If it looks like this, then it is questionable:

Comment

Here is Gebirgsjäger's thread photos.
        Attached Files
        Regards,
        Chris

Comment

Attached Files
          Regards,
          Chris

Comment

Last one.
            Attached Files
            Regards,
            Chris

Comment

The one thing I notice is that the RZM Tag Serial Number on yours & the example I've shown is the same.

Definitely not a good sign.

Don't feel to bad though, I got stung with one of these in a trade some time back too.
              Chalk it up to a lesson learned, it happens to the best of us.
              Regards,
              Chris

Comment

known copy from Europe

Comment

Some of these things, when broken open, have 'Made in Pakistan' under all the paper wrapping.

Comment

Yes i am afraid not ss at all i remember seeing box's of these at the German shows in the 80's the labels are photocopies on the SA thread even the 6 digit numbers were blue like the rest of the label, some as Robin has mentioned above have Pakistan on the thread centre core but some of the ones i saw in Germany looked like old thread with fake labels added to make them into something they were not.

You have to remember also this is a raw material and i doubt would ever have such labels or marked in any special way, somewhat like you would not expect to find bobbins of field grey or black wool for use in cloth weaving for tunics ss marked.

cheers,
                    Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X