Henrik Herse SS Children's books - variations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henrik Herse SS Children's books - variations

Who else has these? Any variations would be interesting to see. It is an important source of cultural material and info - the crown being the depiction of a kinderfries at the end in keeping with the content of the book.

The larger version on the left was printed in Germany in 1942 by Nordland Verlag and is in excellent condition - although the color drawings do not have the quality that the version on the right has. This German version has a color kinderfries at the end.

The smaller one on the right was printed in Finland in 1943 by Nordland. It has a black-and-white kinderfries drawing at the end of the book. The condition is rough on this one as you can see.
    Attached Files

Hello Sir ....

Yes I have one of these too I have had both at one time.
    But the one I have is like the one on the left the larger book.
    Regards
    David

Comment

and of course, as I wrote in other old threads on this book,et al:
      Long ago another WAF member told me this book was still sold after the Allies were in charge.
      Somewhere out there are those editions with certain obvious offending symbols simply pasted over with cut out paper.

Comment

Hi,

i think that the book was published to ten of thousand of copies (cf the Uwe Berg Verlag book about Nordland Verlag). So i'm sure that many many variants exist, like most of the Nordland Verlag books.
        Just imagine that "Der Untermensch" of "Rede des Reichführers..." were printed from 1 to 4 millions of copies in 5 to 10 variants...
        I may be wrong, but i think it was also reprinted after the war ?

The book can be found on Zvab for 5 to 10 Euros.

See You

Vince

Comment

Hi,
          Great post Capt. R. It seems there are at least 3 principal variations.

I have only one version:
          Copyright 1942 by Nordland Verlag G.m.b.H. - Berlin
          "Printed in Germany"
          Druck & Buchinderarbeit besorgte
          Georg Schauer
          Berlin / Schöneberg

It looks like the one on the left you have posted.

Here are the 2 others variations:
          -1942. Druck und Einband: Buchdruckerei Ohlenroth, Erfurt.
          > May also exist in complete leather-binding form.

-1943. Druck: A.B.F. Tilgmann O.Y., Helsingfors (which is the swedish name for Helsinki, then the variation printed in Finland. I assume the right one on your picture).

Nordland lists 264000 copies sold in 1943 and 314000 copies in 1944.

Regards,
          Loïc

Comment

Not a variation, but a nice extra, a Geburtstagskarte came as extra with the book:

Comment

Originally posted by patrick h View Post
              Not a variation, but a nice extra, a Geburtstagskarte came as extra with the book:

Patrick,
              I agree...a very nice extra.
              I have a few SS books with such extras, and I greatly enjoy them.

yours has a fitting illustration ...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                and of course, as I wrote in other old threads on this book,et al:
                Long ago another WAF member told me this book was still sold after the Allies were in charge.
                Somewhere out there are those editions with certain obvious offending symbols simply pasted over with cut out paper.
                Here is one that has the naughty stuff censored. Not simply pasted over but printed that way.

Comment

I have the -1942. Druck und Einband: Buchdruckerei Ohlenroth, Erfurt.
                  version

Comment

Thank you for your answer Totenhead. Can you take a picture of your variation and post it in this thread please ?

Comment

a
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Helbe View Post
                        Thank you for your answer Totenhead. Can you take a picture of your variation and post it in this thread please ?
                        Sure, here you go
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
                          Here is one that has the naughty stuff censored. Not simply pasted over but printed that way.

Coool.
                          Never seen it(pasted over or blotted out) -only heard about it.
                          I wonder what date is the printing? is it dated after '45?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                            Coool.
                            Never seen it(pasted over or blotted out) -only heard about it.
                            I wonder what date is the printing? is it dated after '45?
                            I aim to please.
                            It's just listed with the copyright of Nordland-Verlag 1942 and printed at Ohlenroth.
                            Last edited by Minnesinger; 11-06-2012, 03:02 AM.

Comment

a year after I started this post, I just found a 1942 Druch und Einbaand, Ohlenroth, Erfurt version.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X