SS tunic opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS tunic opinions

I spotted this SS tunic at the recent Orders and Medals Society of America convention in Sacramento, California. I don't know anything about these, but I was just curious as to whether anyone can tell me if it's good or not.
    Attached Files
    George

Sleeve eagle. (That's all!)
    Attached Files
    George

Comment

Photos

Could you provide photos of the lower pockets, the lining any stampings the underside of the collar, and a photo of the back.

That can help a bit.

Comment

My Gut feeling says that this is a good honest tunic even with the lack of all round photos. I like the way the stitching has turned off white and the eagle is nicely sewn, would never swear that the collar patches are original to the tunic but they look ok too.

Cheers

Mark

Originally posted by Oberjunker
        Could you provide photos of the lower pockets, the lining any stampings the underside of the collar, and a photo of the back.

That can help a bit.

Comment

A very tough call...

...from these pics, George. The eagle looks ok, but the tabs are very
          suspicious. The tunic itself looks authentic enough, but...

Comment

Is that a stain that goes under the eagles wing?

Comment

Thanks for the comments, gents. I wish I could provide more information and pics, but the event is over and these images were all I could get. (I was taking them on the sly, without the seller's permission. )
              George

Comment

It could be an original tunic which was stripped and rebuilt post war. The eagle appears to be applied over a stain as Gary mentioned. The skull don't look right to me either but it could be the picture and I would expect it would show more wear as the jacket looks well used.

Glenn
                "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

I do not like the skull, so I would not have to go any further,

DAve
                  DaveJ

Comment

I am still of the opinion that the tunic is original. Difficult to tell about the stain around the eagle personally I still like it. I admit on closer examination the TK patch eyes and nose look a little like a halloween pumkin cut out but better photos would tell. In keeping with most SS tunics, post war upgrades or down grades are common in 90% of examples.

Cheers

Mark

Originally posted by DaveJ
                    I do not like the skull, so I would not have to go any further,

DAve

Comment

Here's the best I can do with the skull pic.
                      Attached Files
                      George

Comment

well from the pictures im convinced 100 percent that the tunic itself is authentic, i cant comment on insignia as im not experienced in them, but as far as original wool, this is def good.

Comment

I also believe the tunic maybe original just had the insignia re attached,

the tab is the same as this fake below,
                          cheers,
                          Gary
                          Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-29-2008, 07:11 PM.

Comment

The tunic is most likly real, and the pocket that is not shown is might have the outline of an army eagle,
                            DaveJ

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X