SS Metal Hat Skulls and Hat Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Metal Hat Skulls and Hat Eagles

Were the skulls and eagles EVER made in silver content numbering??...my friend has bought a pair as a set of insignia that were marked as such,,,,,
    Attached Files

not likely

Originally posted by militarymania View Post
    Were the skulls and eagles EVER made in silver content numbering??...my friend has bought a pair as a set of insignia that were marked as such,,,,,

,,Sorry,NOT period pieces..

cheers,
    Pauli
    Last edited by PaulMann; 08-15-2012, 04:58 PM. Reason: 1

Comment

Insignia

Both fake

Comment

HI Peter,,thanks for your reply but were the insignia EVER MADE OF SILVER and stamped "800" ETC??...thanks,Robert

Comment

HI Peter,,thanks for your reply but were the insignia EVER MADE OF SILVER and stamped "800" ETC??...thanks,Robert
          It is rumored that they did exist, but I have never seen or owned any. If they did exist, I would expect them to thinly stamped from silver sheet stock, never casted.
          Peter

Comment

Thanks Peter for all your help,,,Robert

Comment

Member Norge owns one.

Comment

Comment

Lets not be too hasty , I have a provenanced ss 380/ 40 aluminum original , and we are here to discover the possibilities. I have not ever seen any 800 provenanced skulls either in silver, but It doesn't mean they never existed ,......so,...they COULD exist .

I think you need to re take better photos for future reference and add them here for us to see closer for all the details closer up, as there are still many who are under the misconception there never was an ss mark on any skull, and think all ss 380/ 40's are all fakes . This is 100% incorrect, as I broke that misconception with my proof. Regardless of what the authors say,That is just wrong. Lots of these marked with the ss 380/40 are repops from the mid to late 80's, but faked from originals, and originals exist from the proof I provided on the WAF years ago.

If you could Please post better close ups, and see if you can ask your friend to divulge the source of where he bought these. If at a show, and no other knowledge is known about them from the seller, that is a negative strike against it, but if from a vet or his family members, it is a positive point worth considering.

I am in no way stating this set is original in 800 silver, just that they need to be seriously considered, and compared to all know silver repros presently sold on the market, to broach the subject intelligently.

FYI.... Believe it or not, many big money collectors have purchsed original ss hats right from vets that brought them home, with ss 380/ 40 skulls, and know first hand , what i say is 100% true on the aluminum skulls. One I believe some years ago here was also a silver with 800 mark if iI am not mistaken.

I believe there were options for real 800 skulls to be ordered from the same makers, for those who wanted them during the war, as I also believe since the had 2 pronged panzer skulls, and pronged ss eagles, there had to also be original SS 3 pronged skulls for hats too.

Remember, authors all who consider themselves "experts"make mistakes that are found to be incorrect about certain things ,due to the evidence that is correctly assessed at the time they write the books, and although as proof is discovered later down the road in time , and positively found to be proven wrong, happens, and is in now way a refelction on their reputations as they do thebest job on subjects at the time they are obsessed with a project. So to jump on the bandwagon and say fakeevery time something comes up like this is just unscientific, and iggerant.(same as ignorant, just my way of slanging it to be humorous).

I would sugggest Authors would want to know the truth when they make mistakes or are wrong to help the hobby even like archeologists discover things about civilizations to later discover unknown truths on historical opinions about cultures as discoveries happen to change the opinions thought for many hundreds of years to be only one way ,but as for authors on SS insignias, especially on the subject of skulls.... instead ,sometimes take things like my provenanced skull with resistance , fearful to be dethroned , as like it is a slap in the face to their reputations , which in truth is not so.

The slap in the face to their reputations is to keep the readers ignorant to refuse to admit when wrong , and continue to refuse to believe provenance that trumps Opinion ,when truth isdiscovered factually .. proving they are wrong, and then they refuse to believe the truth due to having BIG heads,and BIG egos . The truth shall set you free.

So regardless on the originality on this set, either way,.... Lets weigh out the evidence, be open minded to giving things considerations always, seek the truth , as that is one of the most important reasons we are all here....to learn and get educated on what is true, and to think for ourselves ......RIGHT??
                  Last edited by juoneen; 08-17-2012, 04:53 PM.

Comment

My friend purchased this set from Germania International,,,,I guess that says it all right there...

Comment

Well if there is a ? with the insignia, #1 place to start would be, take them to a jeweller and see if they are actually 800 silver?
                      We mus'nt be ignorant to the fact that we don't know everything!

Comment

Comment

My friend purchased this set from Germania International,,,,I guess that says it all right there...
                          Yep, sadly it certainly does

Ian

Comment

my friend had them tested,,he says one tested out at 960 and the other at 940...don't remember which one was which however...

Comment

They are cast fakes ... as are almost every other metal object on that site (well except the carved fakes obviously )

Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X