And leaflets are:

Rassenpolitik
    SS-mann und Blutsfrage
    Der weg zum reich
    Das Reich Und europa
    Sicherung Europas

BR // Niklas

Comment

Super news ! Thank you for your quick answer Niklas.
      It's very interesting as I've never seen seen so many bound brochures from the SS-Hauptamt.
      May I ask you to take more pictures of this album ?
      Do you know if they are organized in chronological order ? Are there any dates ?

Comment

There are no dates in the book except the Gösta Borg himself has written (Copenhagen 13/5 1944)
        it would not surprise me if this book has come from Bad-Tölz when he studied there..

BR // Niklas
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Me262 View Post
          There are no dates in the book except the Gösta Borg himself has written (Copenhagen 13/5 1944)
          it would not surprise me if this book has come from Bad-Tölz when he studied there..

BR // Niklas
          Thanks for all your answers Niklas,
          a nice item to have... I would guess from my own experience with many bound Nazi publications that this one was bound after 1945 and the booklets/heften themselves may come from where you suspect-or not(especially if the publication dates on any are after the soldier's time at Bad Tolz). Still such publications would of course be made available as soon as published ,one way or another to such SS men.

Of course, I could be wrong, but the condition of the hard cover binding coupled with the look of the printed title on the spine leads me to surmise it was re-bound after '45.

That in itself is not really any problem for us SS collectors(but the strictly book collecting world would be less forgiving-if you care)...many such after 1945 bindings have been seen over the years by me and I am sure others.
          To me it is nice to see someone cared enough to re-bind them for their protection(and regular people dont always care what the world of book collecting uses as criteria for value/ original condition)
          thanks again for sharing,
          Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Helbe View Post
            Very nice documents, thank you for sharing them.

You're good Michael ! I've seen it too.
            The book is "Sicherung Europas" (Securing Europe).
            It was published by the Reichsführer SS and the SS-Hauptamt.
            I follow Michael with another question… If it's actually a bound album, what are the other leaflets please.
            thanks helbe, it seems we both enjoy such little things like these from Niklas!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X