Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Totenhead View Post
    C.Betz

May i ask why it is a one looker? No patina to it? I assume its an un-issued piece?
    never seen a mint tab before?

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
      never seen a mint tab before?

Besslein, with respect, no i have not. Looks like it was made last week, thats why i am asking

Comment

Nice Orginal tab for sure. As for sloppy I am sure the Germans even had good days and bad days

Comment

Besslein, with respect, no i have not. Looks like it was made last week, thats why i am asking
          well that fine,i have for exemple never seen a mint Ritterkreuz in my life.

Comment

Anyways, why no patina after all these years

I prefer items to show their age
            Last edited by Totenhead; 08-09-2012, 07:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

What Makes It A One Looker?

Construction of the runes, overall execution of the tab. Exactly the way it should be. Buckram and white stich lines, text book. Again, study originals.

No "patina". You mean wear and discoloration due to exposure and use. This tab has never been issued, much less worn.

You really need to study this field in depth. Try Dachau collections.

As for preferring items that show their age, good luck with that. There are lots of well made fakes, aged appropriately.

Charles Betz

Comment

Guys I agree a nice mint tab,,,I can see why some guys get scared away when something is like new with no aging,,I use to think the same way years back, but its still good to be cautious till you get skill under your belt

Greg

Comment

nordland

Anyways, why no patina after all these years

I prefer items to show their age
                  Your taste in the Ladies or..............?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Your taste in the Ladies or..............?
                    haha....both....

Comment

Originally posted by C. Betz View Post
                      Construction of the runes, overall execution of the tab. Exactly the way it should be. Buckram and white stich lines, text book. Again, study originals.

No "patina". You mean wear and discoloration due to exposure and use. This tab has never been issued, much less worn.

You really need to study this field in depth. Try Dachau collections.

As for preferring items that show their age, good luck with that. There are lots of well made fakes, aged appropriately.

Charles Betz
                      Charles, I respect your knowledge, relax, I merely asked a question, it seems not many people have the b**ls to do it on here often.
                      The construction of the runes differed quite distinctly from the one's I’ve owned, especially the size of the thread used, that’s why I asked the question
                      Last edited by Totenhead; 08-10-2012, 04:21 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Nice and original, some like mint stuff some like used stuff.

Comment

Really is a one looker

Best John

Comment

many time i can't understand why opinions are asked without a check but in this case i understand cause there is, as i said, a very insidious fake of this pattern

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X